Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 or ASUS ZENBOOK™ UX31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to edit the DSDT file. I sent it to MacMan but heard no response. I get stuck at about 7 minutes left in the install. I can't figure out hwo to get it past there. I will post the log after work when I get to my laptop and any updates

bagekfidel said:
I don't know how to edit the DSDT file. I sent it to MacMan but heard no response. I get stuck at about 7 minutes left in the install. I can't figure out how to get it past there. I will post the log after work when I get to my laptop and any updates
oh, so you haven't worked on the dsdt yourself but extracted it (sorry, thought you had it working already when I saw your post about the dsdt).

nice work so far - can't wait to get to a working solution!

thx for your efforts

bagekfidel said:
I don't know how to edit the DSDT file. I sent it to MacMan but heard no response. I get stuck at about 7 minutes left in the install. I can't figure out hwo to get it past there. I will post the log after work when I get to my laptop and any updates

Thanks for the effort, please kindly keep us informed if macmac ever get back to you. finger crossed

bagekfidel said:
I was able to get into the Lion installation screen and begin installing with these flags
-v -x
I used Unibeast with laptop support onto an 8GB flash drive.
I also used the modded OS Install package to allow for MBR hard drive install. Halfway through the install I got the installation failed message. I can't figure out how to get further than that but I'm willing to test anything out. I'll keep trying and get back with my solution

Here is the extracted DSDT

please keep us updated with how u go :) - i'm really keen to get the UX31 so I can run Lion on it too

Also appreciate everyone else who has been trying / helping to get it work! - hopefully mac man gets around to editing the DSDT so we can run Lion on something that looks as a good as a MacbookAir! :)

Greetings gentlemen,

Looks like i will be acquiring an UX31E laptop in the near future. I intend to fully hackintosh it one way or the other, so expect this thread to get way more popular soon ;)

This is technically the same innards as the MBA with some obvious exceptions (touch pad comes to mind) but hopefully, it can be made to run OS X just as well :)

Adi

adisor19 said:
Greetings gentlemen,

Looks like i will be acquiring an UX31E laptop in the near future. I intend to fully hackintosh it one way or the other, so expect this thread to get way more popular soon ;)

This is technically the same innards as the MBA with some obvious exceptions (touch pad comes to mind) but hopefully, it can be made to run OS X just as well :)

Adi

This is awesome news! I've attempted it but failed (due to fairly noobiness)
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.Can't wait for the result. best of luck

Yeah, just bumping here. I also have a UX31 and am trying Unibeast/Appstore Lion. I can get into single user mode with cpus=1 -s but any other option like cpus=1 -v will get to DSMOS has arrived and nothing further. If I just do -v or add -x or -f I get still waiting for root device. Id love to get a DSDT solution going but I last hackintoshed for 10.5 and I don't even recall that as being a method. Im using the i5 version.

bagekfidel said:
I was able to get into the Lion installation screen and begin installing with these flags
-v -x
I used Unibeast with laptop support onto an 8GB flash drive.
I also used the modded OS Install package to allow for MBR hard drive install. Halfway through the install I got the installation failed message. I can't figure out how to get further than that but I'm willing to test anything out. I'll keep trying and get back with my solution

Here is the extracted DSDT

From version of the BIOS is this DSDT extracted from ?

Thx,

Adi

I'm not sure which version. I had to return my UX31 to Best Buy becuse the Wi-Fi card was defective and I didn't want to mess with another one. I purchased a Toshiba Portege Z835-P370 Ultrabook instead. Good luck getting Lion on to the UX31. If I hear anything else I'll be sure to post back on here. Yig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back