Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 or ASUS ZENBOOK™ UX31

Status
Not open for further replies.
adisor19 said:
bagekfidel said:
I was able to get into the Lion installation screen and begin installing with these flags
-v -x
I used Unibeast with laptop support onto an 8GB flash drive.
I also used the modded OS Install package to allow for MBR hard drive install. Halfway through the install I got the installation failed message. I can't figure out how to get further than that but I'm willing to test anything out. I'll keep trying and get back with my solution

Here is the extracted DSDT

From version of the BIOS is this DSDT extracted from ?

Thx,

Adi

Hello Adi.

I own a UX31E, and i have read all pages in this topic :) Just waiting for a resolution.

I've attached my DSDT file (Please correst me, if i doing anything wrong).
- I also attached a AIDA64 rapport, for full system info.

My Bios informations (See "IMG_20120126_104957.jpg):
Bios Vendor: American Megatrends
Bios Version: UX31E.207 (From AIDA64)
Version: 207 (From Aptio Setup Utility - At Bios)
VBIOS Version: 2119.I13UX3.009
EC Version: b32d0f0001

I use the USB Lan dongle from Asus.

If you need any more informations, please tell me what i can do :)

Please excuse my poor English.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    572.6 KB · Views: 132
  • ux31e-aida64report.txt
    363.9 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_20120126_104957.jpg
    IMG_20120126_104957.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 1,190
Re: ASUS ZENBOOK™ UX31

So I decided to buy Asus UX31 too. I got it for 699 so please don’t ask me why I didn’t buy MBA. I did install Lion with Unibeast and I’m able to dual boot with Windows 7 and Macdrive on it so editing .kexts causing KP is much easier . After installing Multi beast I’m able to boot with –f –v flags. Although, bunch of stuff isn’t working: Resolution QE, wireless, USB 3.0, Sound, Card reader.
I got internet to work with MyWi on iPhone and I’m using wireless mouse since the trackpad isn’t working. After downloading and running 10.7.2 I got KP can’t boot at all. So I’m back to install mode again.
Anyone got further?? The hardware is very similar to MBA so I’m puzzled why so much stuff isn’t working at all. Help would be welcomed in carring on the Zenbook project
UX31 i5

Re: ASUS ZENBOOK™ UX31

mind_bomb1 said:
So I decided to buy Asus UX31 too. I got it for 699 so please don’t ask me why I didn’t buy MBA. I did install Lion with Unibeast and I’m able to dual boot with Windows 7 and Macdrive on it so editing .kexts causing KP is much easier . After installing Multi beast I’m able to boot with –f –v flags. Although, bunch of stuff isn’t working: Resolution QE, wireless, USB 3.0, Sound, Card reader.
I got internet to work with MyWi on iPhone and I’m using wireless mouse since the trackpad isn’t working. After downloading and running 10.7.2 I got KP can’t boot at all. So I’m back to install mode again.
Anyone got further?? The hardware is very similar to MBA so I’m puzzled why so much stuff isn’t working at all. Help would be welcomed in carring on the Zenbook project
UX31 i5

By selecting the ps/2 mouse/keyboard option in multibeast I was able to get keyboard and trackpad to work. But mine were stucked in Safe mode. It's been a while since I attempted this so I'm a little vague on the detail. I can't wait for more progress being done on this device.

Hi guys,

II haven't received my UX31 yet so i can't experiment for the time being. I should receive it next week at which point, I'll post back with more info. :)

I'll probably open a new thread just for the UX31.

Adi

adisor19 said:
Hi guys,

II haven't received my UX31 yet so i can't experiment for the time being. I should receive it next week at which point, I'll post back with more info. :)

I'll probably open a new thread just for the UX31.

Adi
Good idea Adi. That's what I wanted to do as well. This thread is bit confusing with S3, some people talk about HP 4350 etc. It would be nice to see it in one thread.
Any one got further through the install process ?? Once I install combo update to 10.7.2 I can't boot any more. Also booting is now very sporadic for me what I noticed that if I'll boot through the Unibeast USB I'll start every time. Does latest Unibeast have different version of Chimera than Multibeast ?

hi i just got a new ux31, i would like to put on it some sort of macosx86, anyone know if its better for now put on it snow leopard and wait for the lion drivers?, i agree whit adi and mid bomb for the new thread specifically for mac on this beutys from asus

I love my ux31 but I'm a complete noob when it comes to this so I'm going to wait/hope for a ux31 specific post :p

Does anyone think it might be possible to replace the Aspire S3 LCD with the High Res LCD from UX31? Both are 13"

mind_bomb1 said:
Asus Zenbook UX31 Discussion moved here:

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=49800

Signed up to check out this thread but I keep getting the error that I'm unauthorized or the content has been deleted.

Can someone please advise as to how this can be accessed?

Thanks!

kleinishere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back