Contribute
Register

Acer aspire s3-391 mavericks installed but only boots in safe mode issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
read me says the procedure of how to patch which i read

I know what is written there. I wrote it.

You used the wrong patch.

DSDT is not patched with "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)".

yeah you are right, i just realise that what ever i'm patching it is on DSDT patched with "ACPI100". so i went back to old DSDT and patch only Brightness Fix not even "GFX0 rename" and now it is working with even fn keys. thanks.

yeah you are right, i just realise that what ever i'm patching it is on DSDT patched with "ACPI100". so i went back to old DSDT and patch only Brightness Fix not even "GFX0 rename" and now it is working with even fn keys. thanks.

"Brightness Fix" is not the correct patch. Correct patch is "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"

GFX0 -> IGPU rename has nothing to do with brightness... only IGPU PM.

Let's see what you *actually* did...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

brightness fix mean i applied "graphics_PNLF_ivy_sandy.txt"

as you mentioned that you would put all oem ssdts in extra folder. so i'm putting all ssdts in extra folder but SSDT-1 has error "(CODE: 4096)syntax error, enexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE" is there anypatch for that OR i can skip that one?

Attachments

• RehabMan 3.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 80
  • RP’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
i applied "GFX0 rename".

No, you did not. ioreg and patchmatic -extract output shows DSDT.aml using GFX0. As a result IGPU PM is not working.

You used the correct brightness patch this time "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)", not "Brightness Fix" as you stated in post #62.

as you mentioned that you would put all oem ssdts in extra folder. so i'm putting all ssdts in extra folder but SSDT-1 has error "(CODE: 4096)syntax error, enexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE" is there anypatch for that OR i can skip that one?

Without seeing the file, just guessing... "Remove _PSS placeholders".

this is the ssdt with 1 error

Attachments

• SSDT-1.dsl
    15.7 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back