Contribute
Register

Acer aspire s3-391 mavericks installed but only boots in safe mode issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acer aspire s3-391 mavericks installed

i already have SSDT and DSDT from patchmatic, what does that mean "DSDT and SSDT from ssdtPRgen"

anyway i try to open ssdtPRgen it generated one file named "ssdtPRgen.command" and i cannot open this file. :(

i opened the DSDT.dsl from Maciasl and compile. i only got 1 error which was"(\tnot)" and fixed it with your "tnot laptop dsdt patch" and ignore the remarks/warnings/optimizations as you mentioned somewhere.

now i would like to share that whenever i used (earlier) dsdt free my bootloader did not work so i had to use usb everytime. but works fine with easybeast. so now as i'm working with dsdt can i use "User DSDT" option as my dsdt (though without audio patch or anything) does not have errors to check if my yosemite boots and my bootloader works?

i already have SSDT and DSDT from patchmatic, what does that mean "DSDT and SSDT from ssdtPRgen"

No DSDT from ssdtPRgen.sh. Just SSDT.aml.

Power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

anyway i try to open ssdtPRgen it generated one file named "ssdtPRgen.command" and i cannot open this file. :(

Make sure you read the README for proper use. Or use the ProBook Installer (not Clover Edition).

now i would like to share that whenever i used (earlier) dsdt free my bootloader did not work so i had to use usb everytime. but works fine with easybeast. so now as i'm working with dsdt can i used "User DSDT" option as my dsdt (though without audio patch or anything) does not have errors to check if my yosemite boots and my bootloader works?

Read the guide on native PM, provided above.

multibeast yosemite 7.4 has AICPUPM for 10.9 only. so should i select that?

multibeast yosemite 7.4 has AICPUPM for 10.9 only. so should i select that?

It should work.

BTW, if you have UEFI, you should be using Clover.

i have old bios and AICPUPM 10.9 did work, thanks

and as i mentioned earlier that my dsdt had 1 error which was fixed otherwise i have few warnings/remarks etc. I used dsdt option and it worked fine but still my bootloader did not want to work on its own. :(

and can you please check the picture attached and say something about the warnings and remarks in dsdt.

Attachments

• 20150819_144156.jpg
    20150819_144156.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 80
i have old bios and AICPUPM 10.9 did work, thanks

and as i mentioned earlier that my dsdt had 1 error which was fixed otherwise i have few warnings/remarks etc. I used dsdt option and it worked fine but still my bootloader did not want to work on its own. :(

and can you please check the picture attached and say something about the warnings and remarks in dsdt.

What do you mean by "my bootloader did not want to work on its own"?

Only errors need be fixed in ACPI files. Warnings/remarks/optimizations can be ignored.

i mean even after installing bootloader my laptop does not boot to mac, i have to insert usb to get boot menu.

so now do i need to put all other ssdts that were extracted by patchmatic to extra folder and i need to get one more ssdt using probook installer as "native power management post" says.

i mean even after installing bootloader my laptop does not boot to mac, i have to insert usb to get boot menu.

Not enough information. You've stated what doesn't happen, but not what does happen.

so now do i need to put all other ssdts that were extracted by patchmatic to extra folder and i need to get one more ssdt using probook installer as "native power management post" says.

Yes. The ProBook Installer will create /Extra/SSDT.aml.

it says operating system not found and when i use usb to boot then it show the boot menu and i can select mac HD to boot into mac.

it says operating system not found and when i use usb to boot then it show the boot menu and i can select mac HD to boot into mac.

Sounds like you didn't install a bootloader to your HDD.

Or you don't have an active partition.

Check:
Code:
sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

There should be a partition marked as active with '*'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back