Not open for further replies.
As an update, I tried a various things which still resulted in the same issue
  • removing HDSPlus.efi made the Sierra boot now show up
  • EmuVariableUEFi-64.efi
  • Tried MBR
  • Ensured MSR was removed
  • reduced drivers64UEFI to what was in the guide
  • reduced kexts to just voodoops2 and FakeSMC
I don't think I tried GPT with some these configurations so I will try that. Also even though I'm using HD 5500, could Lilu and/or IntelGraphicsFixup help?

Keep in mind problem reporting requirements.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Keep in mind problem reporting requirements.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Ok so I finally noticed that the instructions with f2 and f4 applied to me, you're a patient one. I did a more general attempt, with doing those f2/f4 instructions. I couldn't tell if it did anything, but pressing them cause my flash drive to light up like it was being written to so not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_2048.JPG
    IMG_2048.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
  • CLOVER.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 99
Ok so I finally noticed that the instructions with f2 and f4 applied to me, you're a patient one. I did a more general attempt, with doing those f2/f4 instructions. I couldn't tell if it did anything, but pressing them cause my flash drive to light up like it was being written to so not sure.

What version of macOS?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Use latest Clover, or my fork of Clover.

What version of macOS?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Use latest Clover, or my fork of Clover.
I promise I’m using a real Mac not home now to prove it, but if it would make you feel better I can post a pic of that too. It’s a 2017 MacBook Pro, running Sierra, and Sierra was downloaded from the App Store. I’ve switched between using the newest version of clover and your version. Im using a usb-c to USB adapter so I can install onto a usb2. I’m trying to dualboot it onto the laptop I have in my profile, which already has windows 10 on it. I resized the EFI to 200mb, and removed MSR. I’ll pour over the guides a bit more to see if I’ve missed anything crucial.

I promise I’m using a real Mac not home now to prove it, but if it would make you feel better I can post a pic of that too. It’s a 2017 MacBook Pro, running Sierra, and Sierra was downloaded from the App Store. I’ve switched between using the newest version of clover and your version. Im using a usb-c to USB adapter so I can install onto a usb2. I’m trying to dualboot it onto the laptop I have in my profile, which already has windows 10 on it. I resized the EFI to 200mb, and removed MSR. I’ll pour over the guides a bit more to see if I’ve missed anything crucial.

What version of Sierra?

I'm running 10.12.6, and am trying to install 10.12.6 as well

If you have an issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
Also, you should check BIOS settings.

if you enter your bios press FN+TAB then save and restart and open your bios again you will get more options with this motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back