Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire hangs quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
From where did you download macOS?
What version?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
I'm using a 2017 MacBook running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6, I downloaded Sierra from the app store and created the installer on this computer as well.

From where did you download macOS?
What version?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
I'm using a 2017 MacBook Pro, running 10.12.6. I downloaded Sierra from the app store, and am creating the installer using this mac as well.

I'm using a 2017 MacBook running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6, I downloaded Sierra from the app store and created the installer on this computer as well.

What version of Sierra did you download?
Check your BIOS settings.

What version of Sierra did you download?
Check your BIOS settings.
I have secure boot disabled, but other than that there are not a lot of settings I can manage. I'm also booting UEFI, but those are about the only things I can change.

I have secure boot disabled, but other than that there are not a lot of settings I can manage. I'm also booting UEFI, but those are about the only things I can change.

If you need help with your BIOS settings, you will need to attach photos of each screen.
Keep in mind important details in drivers64EFI as well.
Some computers need EmuVariableUEFi-64.efi.
Some computers cannot handle HFSPlus.efi.
In addition, you have some unnecessary files there (refer to my guide for the recommended set).

If you have an issue, attach problem reporting files:
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

If you need help with your BIOS settings, you will need to attach photos of each screen.
Keep in mind important details in drivers64EFI as well.
Some computers cannot handle HFSPlus.efi.
In addition, you have some unnecessary files there (refer to my guide for the recommended set).

If you have an issue, attach problem reporting files:
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Here is my BIOS, And will try different options.

Attachments

• IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2042.JPG
    IMG_2042.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2043.JPG
    IMG_2043.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2044.JPG
    IMG_2044.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 174
Would there be any scenario where I would need this for SSD? The guide calls our HDD only for that.

Would there be any scenario where I would need this for SSD? The guide calls our HDD only for that.

It is unrelated to SSD vs. HDD.

As an update, I tried a various things which still resulted in the same issue
  • removing HDSPlus.efi made the Sierra boot now show up
  • EmuVariableUEFi-64.efi
  • Tried MBR
  • Ensured MSR was removed
  • reduced drivers64UEFI to what was in the guide
  • reduced kexts to just voodoops2 and FakeSMC
I don't think I tried GPT with some these configurations so I will try that. Also even though I'm using HD 5500, could Lilu and/or IntelGraphicsFixup help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back