Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My sister just bought this laptop for college, and i got to looking at the specs and i thought, wouldn't this be a perfect candidate for a hackintosh? (besides the wifi card)

CPU:Intel core i5-5257U 2.7 GHz (Broadwell)
Graphics: Intel integrated iris graphics 6100
1TB HDD 5400RPM
8 GB DDR3L RAM

I can't tell what the wifi card is but I'm sure it isn't mac compatible since almost 0% of stock laptops have a mac compatible card, but everything else makes it look like a great hackintosh and its only $450 right now on new egg which i don't think is bad for what it has in it, especially since iris 6100 graphics are pretty rare in windows computers....

but anyway let me know what y'all think, because i don't want to buy this laptop if it's not going to work with mac. Thanks in advanced!

My sister just bought this laptop for college, and i got to looking at the specs and i thought, wouldn't this be a perfect candidate for a hackintosh? (besides the wifi card)

1TB HDD 5400RPM
8 GB DDR3L RAM

I can't tell what the wifi card is but I'm sure it isn't mac compatible since almost 0% of stock laptops have a mac compatible card, but everything else makes it look like a great hackintosh and its only $450 right now on new egg which i don't think is bad for what it has in it, especially since iris 6100 graphics are pretty rare in windows computers....

but anyway let me know what y'all think, because i don't want to buy this laptop if it's not going to work with mac. Thanks in advanced!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

1TB HDD 5400RPM
8 GB DDR3L RAM

Hi, does she still have the computer? Mine died, exactly at the two-year mark, which is typical of acer, and I never made a recovery disk. Do she happen to have one for this computer? All my patient files are trapped within and I can’t access anything without the recovery disk!

So what I’m asking is....HEELLPPP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back