Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5750G with Mavericks (10.9) Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new Update:

Now i have build an Clover Stick on the mac of my friend with the Settings you told me.
But i don't change anything on the config.plist.

Then i tried to boot from the Stick an Clover starts, then i tried to start my exsisting Windows 7 but i hang on the startscreen ("Windows is loading")

Ist that a right?

what bios are you guys using? I have an old AKBAR uefi bios, can't boot mavericks as it locks up, I am running a gateway though, pretty much same rig but no Nvidia.

Here is the BIOS I am using: (see attached zip)

Hi, new Update:

Now i have build an Clover Stick on the mac of my friend with the Settings you told me.
But i don't change anything on the config.plist.

Then i tried to boot from the Stick an Clover starts, then i tried to start my exsisting Windows 7 but i hang on the startscreen ("Windows is loading")

Ist that a right?

As I keep saying if you are not using my config.plist then you should generate your own using the WIKI. You can also use this to help you: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-clover-configuratorconverter/

I'm not sure what your issue is with Windows. What have you changed to stop it working? Clover should be able to boot it with no problems. However my guide is designed for a whole fresh install starting from scratch using a Pure GPT disk and not a Hybrid, which is probably what you have.

Attachments

• P5WE0121_vBIOS_2158-2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 292
As I keep saying if you are not using my config.plist then you should generate your own using the WIKI. You can also use this to help you: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-clover-configuratorconverter/

I'm not sure what your issue is with Windows. What have you changed to stop it working? Clover should be able to boot it with no problems. However my guide is designed for a whole fresh install starting from scratch using a Pure GPT disk and not a Hybrid, which is probably what you have.

Can i use your config.plist with an i5? You tell something about a S/N number where do i get this?

actually i have just WIndows installed and it is not a GUID Partition.
Can i upload my Clover Stick as a Zip and u spend it a look?

Can i use your config.plist with an i5? You tell something about a S/N number where do i get this?

actually i have just WIndows installed and it is not a GUID Partition.
Can i upload my Clover Stick as a Zip and u spend it a look?

You can but you need to change from MacBookPro8,2 to a MacBookPro8,1.

Download Champlist and generate a serial number for a MacBookPro8,1 and use that.

That is what I meant, you are on a MBR partition table, there is a way to use Clover with that. But I don't know if any or what changes are needed. My guide is for a Pure GPT.

You can but you need to change from MacBookPro8,2 to a MacBookPro8,1.

Download Champlist and generate a serial number for a MacBookPro8,1 and use that.

That is what I meant, you are on a MBR partition table, there is a way to use Clover with that. But I don't know if any or what changes are needed. My guide is for a Pure GPT.

Ok so i format the usb stick with a mac PC in MAC OXS Journaled and then just copy the files? and change with the plisteditor these two things and thats all?

and i should change the kext in trackpad with my from elantech?

And then i reinstall Windows and after that i install the mac.

Ok so i format the usb stick with a mac PC in MAC OXS Journaled and then just copy the files? and change with the plisteditor these two things and thats all?

and i should change the kext in trackpad with my from elantech?

And then i reinstall Windows and after that i install the mac.

Format the USB stick as FAT32 and then copy the files. Make sure you have this: /USB/EFI/CLOVER/

Yeah change the trackpad kext.

You will be on a MBR disk so you will have to reformat your whole disk to a GPT and not MBR so that it creates a EFI partition.
It says all this in my guide...

Format the USB stick as FAT32 and then copy the files. Make sure you have this: /USB/EFI/CLOVER/

Yeah change the trackpad kext.

You will be on a MBR disk so you will have to reformat your whole disk to a GPT and not MBR so that it creates a EFI partition.
It says all this in my guide...

Ok i will try that thank you very much!

I format the Stick with FAT32

Then i put the CLOVER folder like this

MYUSBSTICK/EFI/CLOVER/***here are all the folders which are in the Clover folder like tools themes Rom OEM kexts and so on...

but when i put the Stick in my Laptop and want to boot Clover, nothing happens it just starts my exsisting windows...:( what i'm doing wrong :(

I format the Stick with FAT32

Then i put the CLOVER folder like this

MYUSBSTICK/EFI/CLOVER/***here are all the folders which are in the Clover folder like tools themes Rom OEM kexts and so on...

but when i put the Stick in my Laptop and want to boot Clover, nothing happens it just starts my exsisting windows...:( what i'm doing wrong :(

Have you upgraded the BIOS? I posted the BIOS a couple of posts back on this page. You need to go into the BIOS and change an option to F12 boot selection.
Then when the laptop boots and the BIOS screen shows, tap F12 and you will have a boot selection, choose the ACPI device.

Have you upgraded the BIOS? I posted the BIOS a couple of posts back on this page. You need to go into the BIOS and change an option to F12 boot selection.
Then when the laptop boots and the BIOS screen shows, tap F12 and you will have a boot selection, choose the ACPI device.

I think my Problem is the same like few sites before i used DIskMakerx for the MAC Installer Stick.
I will try the opinion what is told there.

I will repeat tomorrow thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back