Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5750G with Mac OS Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
aks said:
Dear Otosan,

The Config that my laptops has, many people told me that my chip (HM65) wont support the Mac Os and also my ram is bit low for installing Mac Os.

So according to you Mac Os should support my Laptop config.

Regards,
Aks

Hi,

regarding ur config, it should support Mac OS i think. and for the ram, actually when installation we only can use 4Gb ram, so ur ram should be ok after all, i also have another acer (5741G) with 2Gb ram, and running SL without problem (even easier to install than this 5750g =.=)

Hi Andrei,

can you please identify your Model Version?
I think the model number have a role to play as the Acer Web site various wifi drivers are listed.

Thanks in advance!
javanse

don't use multibeast, andreis package in the first post has all necessary kexts…

@andrei.ncs

would you help me please..i have acer 4755G, have a same spec with you, except my wi-fi, my wi fi is broadcom BCM4322 [14e4:4358] ( i use system info, but that app don't tell the full information, that app only tell me 14e4:4358 but the manafucture is unkown, after find information at google, i find that type is BCM4322, i doubt. i, don't know that is correct or not, do you know or have kext for my wi fi?

my ethernet card is NetLink BCM57785 14E4,16b5 but my ethernet card still won't work after i copied your kext, i get a same kext at http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1911 , 100% same, dev id and ven id is same (BCM57785 14E4, 16b5) but won't work too.. what should i do? edit the info plst of the kext? copy specific file from your extra folder? adding something? it is very strange, i have same card with you, but it won't work..i almost give up..

nb: i dont replace my extra folder with yours, because i am afraid it will be kernel panic, my os is 10.7.2 retail.

thx

otosan said:
aks said:
Dear Otosan,

The Config that my laptops has, many people told me that my chip (HM65) wont support the Mac Os and also my ram is bit low for installing Mac Os.

Regards,
Aks

Hi,

regarding ur config, it should support Mac OS i think. and for the ram, actually when installation we only can use 4Gb ram, so ur ram should be ok after all, i also have another acer (5741G) with 2Gb ram, and running SL without problem (even easier to install than this 5750g =.=)

Hello Otosan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

According to you i will upgrade my ram from 3Gb to 4gb during installing Mac SL. I am installing Mac Os for the first time on my laptop, Would you like to give me some suggestion or guide-lines that i should keep in mind while install mac os.
Can you guide me which version of Mac SL should i try to install (for smooth installing for the first time).
i also request you to bare with me if i asked some question. Thank you. Really appreciate your help.

Or, if you didn't manually patch them, where did you get them from so we can find out who did?

kardus said:
@andrei.ncs

would you help me please..i have acer 4755G, have a same spec with you, except my wi-fi, my wi fi is broadcom BCM4322 [14e4:4358] ( i use system info, but that app don't tell the full information, that app only tell me 14e4:4358 but the manafucture is unkown, after find information at google, i find that type is BCM4322, i doubt. i, don't know that is correct or not, do you know or have kext for my wi fi?

my ethernet card is NetLink BCM57785 14E4,16b5 but my ethernet card still won't work after i copied your kext, i get a same kext at http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1911 , 100% same, dev id and ven id is same (BCM57785 14E4, 16b5) but won't work too.. what should i do? edit the info plst of the kext? copy specific file from your extra folder? adding something? it is very strange, i have same card with you, but it won't work..i almost give up..

nb: i dont replace my extra folder with yours, because i am afraid it will be kernel panic, my os is 10.7.2 retail.

thx

Hi Guys, I am back.

The Extra folder posted is for first install only. This means that you should use it if you a making a bootable USB device for your mackintosh. After install you can use the Extra folder because in contains only a smbios and a org.chameleon.boot.plist file. The first one will enabled your integrated GPU. Otherwise will be stuck without any GPU acceleration.

For your net adaptors, please search on www.kexts.com. I am sure you'll find something there.
Install your kexts using Kext Utility and while installing them be very careful at their architecture. If a next contains machine code for x86 arch only, then the kernel will not load it when booting in x64.

One more thing. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE INSTALLING KEXTS!
And after installing a new next boot with -v (Verbose), in order to see on the screen all the logs when the kexts are loaded. This way will be able to see if a kext is loaded or no, if it has unresolved dependencies, etc....

Search on Google too. You might find a lot of useful comments.

And another really important thing. Hackintosh machines are unstable when they boot with out kernel cache. This is the main reason that I have posted a UseKernelCache=Yes compliant mackintosh method. Install your kexts one by one in S/L/E and reboot in Verbose mode several times after installing them. Only then go to the next one.

kardus, sorry because I haven't responded to you exactly. But in my country (Romania) there is a saying. Actually it is native chinese...: Don't give a fish a starving man. Learn him how to fish. Sorry about this :p.

Best regards and I hope this will solve your issue. If not, please come back and I will do some research on this matter. Now I am finish traveling and I have more time.

Need to go to work. Bey1!

gerard71 said:
andrei.ncs

hello I would like to know what change you made ??in the kexts ?????AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext

we are looking for a while as to operate the HP ProBook 4530 is your kexts seems to be the solution
I have no idea. Just found them on GOOGLE. :)).
If you find a solution I will apply the patch, but I don't know if it is only a device ID issue or another thing.

aks said:
otosan said:
aks said:
Dear Otosan,

Regards,
Aks

Hi,

Hello Otosan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

According to you i will upgrade my ram from 3Gb to 4gb during installing Mac SL. I am installing Mac Os for the first time on my laptop, Would you like to give me some suggestion or guide-lines that i should keep in mind while install mac os.
Can you guide me which version of Mac SL should i try to install (for smooth installing for the first time).
i also request you to bare with me if i asked some question. Thank you. Really appreciate your help.

for smooth install, i will suggest SL with version higher than 10.6.6, but u can try with 10.6.3 and straight away update to 10.6.7 or 8 after installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back