Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5750G with Mac OS Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
T1hom7as said:
anilkilic said:
T1hom7as said:
What advantages does this BIOS mod give you? Also do you have a SSDT for the i7 2630QM?

Big advantage is you can change what you want .Cpu settings , fan settings , power settings ... etc
For example integrated graphics video ram .

2- Yes i have ssdt for 2630qm but max speed is 2.6 ghz.

Oh fair enough. Could you post your SSDT please? In Lion my laptop gets really hot! & also in Windows 7 (using a dual boot). Is there a way to solve this?

Also do I have to change my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file to allow the use of the SSDT?!

I currently have this --->

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>LoginToLion</string>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Wake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,4) hd(0,5)</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Acer laptops have temperature issue. My packardbell laptop's idle temp arround 45 C in Lion same as Windows.

If i use performance ssdt my idle temp is 45-48 C (Geekbench Score : 9740 - 9754 )
If i use native ssdt my idle temp is 40 - 45 C (Geekbench Score : 9690 - 9720)

Attachments

• ssdt.aml
    865 bytes · Views: 157
  • SSDT.aml
    945 bytes · Views: 138
Thank you, thats better! Not quite correct but A LOT better than what I had, I need csodawowos SSDT still though :p

Sorry, I was not at home since friday, I attached my SSDT, you only have to copy it into the "Extra" folder.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    911 bytes · Views: 174
T1hom7as said:
What advantages does this BIOS mod give you? Also do you have a SSDT for the i7 2630QM?

Now i can use UEFI bootloader's . With this bootloader my dsdt and ssdt (And other tables) generated automaticly . And with Clover uefi bootloader i can use my hackintosh same as a mac .
For example i am using now bootcamp :)

anilkilic said:
T1hom7as said:

Now i can use UEFI bootloader's . With this bootloader my dsdt and ssdt (And other tables) generated automaticly . And with Clover uefi bootloader i can use my hackintosh same as a mac .

I am havint trouble booting Lion with Clover, it just hangs at the "rEFIt booting OS" screen, could you describe how did you manage to boot into it?

anilkilic said:
T1hom7as said:

Maybe you could create a tutorial for this?!
What do you mean you can use it as a Mac? Bootcamp is an advantage but what extra can you do compared to a hackintosh?
Also does this give you full multi-gestures on the trackpad?

Anyone installed Mountain Lion on this machine yet? I have but I have ran into a problem with the mouse and keyboard - I got "No hardware installed" for my wireless so I installed a network kext and now my mouse and keyboard don't work, I don't even get a mouse icon on the screen anymore?

Hello(Salut)
What functions are working for you?
I installed Lion with Paragon Hard Disk Manager using this "tutorial" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSXr8nnVqbA&
Wifi is not working(i have an intel centrino n6205 chip, so i don't think it would ever work), elan touchpad without gestures, brightness control not working, gt540m not working(I have to change settings in BIOS)

Can you help me with any of the above?

Help friends!
i have lion 10.7.3 with working ethernet
but when i updated to lion 10.7.5 in appstore
system write: network settings > ethernet cable not connected
and no internet connection
help please

Help friends!
i have lion 10.7.3 with working ethernet
but when i updated to lion 10.7.5 in appstore
system write: network settings > ethernet cable not connected
and no internet connection
help please

What is your ethernet hardware? And what driver are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back