GT8800
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello insanely mac users!
after 4 years of high times i need to move on with my old Hackintosh (lovely q9550)

So i have outlined few scenarious from my daily work, and this is the constraints i should respect.
Budget is not a problem, but i honesty don't need the super duper 30000+ geekbenchmark start.

- have a Gigabyte motherboard (find myself happy of that on the previous one, it's easy to find in my local dealers)
- sleep working
- 16gb of ram

My random ideas on it:

- i'm not a ssd-hype fan, but if it's easy to realize i'd love to try the caching ssd system (128gb should be enought). I don't understand at all if the caching on ssd can be realize automaticly (as the fusion drive) or must be a way of use (os and working file on ssd, everything else on the second hd).
- i DON'T need a hi-level graphic card. I do 2d only, and when it turns to 3d my actual 9800gt is pretty enough. I'm not even a gamer. Photoshop takes advance of the graphic card for filters and zoom operations. A middle range graphic card should be ok.
- i would focus on finding out the right combination of cpu-bus speed-ram clock.
- i'd like to get into a future upgradable architecture. When i built my old quad machine i did the mistakes of choosing quad instead of i7 architecture. and it blocked me in future upgrade.
- connection goes on lan. No bluetooth/wifi/etc
- i would love to have audio available both on the back and frontal of the case. (read all the audio output of the motherboard should works)
- i do really need a stable configuration rather than an high performance one.

Looking forward to your suggestions

THAAANK YOU!

Im a pro retoucher.

get 32 gb of ram and a good graphics card with lots of memory (2GB or more). If you work with files over 22mp and/or 10+ layers it will help a lot. Running photoshop and your OS off an SSD is nice but you wont need to worry too much about cacheing with 32 gb of ram.

Little every day things like zoom and layer thumb nails can really slow you down with big files. Also using brushes and resizing brushes can get frustratingly slow if your GPU sucks.

c00lbeans i totally agree with you, didn't evaluate to push to such an higher profile, but it makes sense.

can you please suggest me a buy list ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back