Ati Saphire 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Here is my configuration for my first hackintosh experience...

Tell me if anything is wrong ;)

Intel core 17 950
Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r
Kingston HyperX 6Go KHX1333C7D3K3/6GX
SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 5770
OCZ Vertex 2 60Go Sata II
WD caviar green 2To
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600 W
Scythe Yasya
Xigmatek Pantheon with 2 Enermax T.B.SILENCE UCTB14

I hope all will work fine...

Thanks from france

Thanks for your reply,

the 2Tb disk is just for data...

I keep the ocz vertex 2 for OSX ;)

I have a question,

I have a backup of my apllications made with Time machine with a mac, can I use it to reinstall the applications and settings ?

thanks for your help

When you do the initial install it will give you a chance to Migrate all of your info to the new machine so be ready at install. I missed that point because I wanted to make sure I have everything working fine on my hack. I figure I would just go back and do it but it wouldn't let me because I created an account on the new computer. So I did a firewire transfer of all of my other stuff beside the user account info. I was kinda upset because I had to add all of my bookmarks back into safari and my iPhone and iPod linking was annoying.

And I can't install OSX and all the updates with multibeast settings and after that I migrate the data ?

toinou69 said:
And I can't install OSX and all the updates with multibeast settings and after that I migrate the data ?
Nope, right when you choose your language at the very first part of the install it will ask if you will be migrating from another mac. It said you can do it later so I forged on ahead but when I wanted to do it later it wouldn't let me because I created a new user :/

ok? thanks for the advice...

I see you have almost the same configuration I want, are you happy with it ? Is it all working fine ?

toinou69 said:
ok? thanks for the advice...

I see you have almost the same configuration I want, are you happy with it ? Is it all working fine ?
I love it! Everything is working fine I only have the wake from sleep I need to pin point but everything else runs great!

Have you had some issues with USB3, esata and Sata 3 ports ?

toinou69 said:
Have you had some issues with USB3, esata and Sata 3 ports ?
The only issue I had with the USB 3 ports on the back was with my iPhone, it said it couldn't connect to device and when I unplugged it I got that restart computer splash screen come up. I tried is several times and it did the same thing so I just plug my iPhone in the USB 2 port instead. I haven't had any issues with the Sata ports and I haven't used the Sata 3 ports as of yet. I did have an issue with wiring up the USB 3 header to the front USB port in the G5, I'm thinking that because its a 2.0 and not a 3.0 is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back