Contribute
Register

a few remaining issues/clarifications to solve on L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current official kexts are built with SDK 10.11 (which you need to obtain from an older Xcode and slipstream into current Xcode).
The SDK can be changed in the project settings if you want to build with a different SDK.
I did fix that as the xcode itself suggested to move to 10.13 and applied the changes to that, but a file remains with an error even after the changes which is the USBdeviceShim.h or USBdeviceShim.cpp (related to each other) which i believe its because one of these files might contain references to 10.11 that needs to be manually changed for 10.13

Will provide you the screenshot later as soon as i go home.

I did fix that as the xcode itself suggested to move to 10.13 and applied the changes to that, but a file remains with an error even after the changes which is the USBdeviceShim.h or USBdeviceShim.cpp (related to each other) which i believe its because one of these files might contain references to 10.11 that needs to be manually changed for 10.13

Will provide you the screenshot later as soon as i go home.

BrcmPatchRAM requires 10.10 SDK (cannot use newer).
BrcmPatchRAM2 requires 10.11 SDK, but can be built with newer SDK.
The other kexts, by default, are built with the 10.6 SDK, but can be built with newer SDK.

If you're trying this on 10.13, no need to build BrcmPatchRAM (you can build just BrcmPatchRAM2).

Look at the SDK settings in the project carefully (for the project as a whole, and each build target).
And look at the theme (you can eliminate BrcmPatchRAM from the theme).
A little knowledge of Xcode helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back