Register

980x works with iBoot and CMOSreset nonDSDT fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Myles have sent you pm with DSDT

let us know how you get on

Mutant_Tractor said:
Thanks Rabbit, I just needed clarification on that,

Have you successfully enabled SpeedStepping in the DSDT with the 980X?
I can reverse engineer your DSDT to see roughly what is going on as I need to know the code for P+C States on the 980X

Are you able to boot without use of the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or similar?

Myles

Sorry for my absence.

Here is the speedstepping guide.

Everything you will need is hear.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=196771

I built speedstepping into my DSDT many iterations ago but no longer use it because I am OCing my CPU, RAM and Graphics.

I hope that helps.

rabbit.

fq360 or MutantTractor, did either of you guys get DSDT working without using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Hi, im a noob on hackintosh, i've read a lot till end hear, i'm buying a 990x setup tomorrow with a Gigabyte UDr3, gtx460, 24gb, i wonder if this install will work on it, they are both 12cores? please let me know what you think you are my only hope to run this 6core on osx.

I tryed to do a fresh install doing OSX, starting setting the bios and all that then starting from the iboot/ iboot-legacy cd , but i couldnt.

Ive seen you had installed osx previously on a hard drive, as in the link of youtube of the installpkg method and multibeast, And then you changed it to the hackintosh setup? I own a macbook pro, How you recommend me to do it, can i plug any external hd and install osx on it? and then what? conect it via usb to the hackintosh rig and start it from there using iboot?

Please help i'm trying hard but i dont get it, i don't really know what kexts and dsdts are, thanks and sorry for the ignorance.

Re: 980x works with iBoot, How? and how to fix CMOSreset nonDSDT

djsuperstar said:
It boots in normal mode. Only flags needed are graphic enabled and busratio=27 (cause it's oveclocked) everything works but it only runs in 32bit mode... When I installed multibeast I selected 64bit on the apple.list option. By the way when I look under about this mac I see unknown processor.

I'm using a custom DSDT for asus P6X58D Premium

where do i find this said custom DSDT for your mother board? - i'm useing the exact same mother board! (and i'm dying here not being able to boot without iboot disk)

edit: i got it to boot properly - i hadn't installed some neccisary things (o_O)
however i still dont have some things on the mother board fully working - like network, microphone, and i did have sound working but now it's not o_O ... that's all i've found so far actually, might be more i havn't tried.

Has everyone given up on getting the 980X working with a Vanilla kernel?

I don't think 10.7 will be bringing any support for the 980X (maybe hexacore xeons though)
Still trying to get this working 100% Vanilla!

Myles

hi bit confused reading this thread what the actual status is for core i7 980 in 64 bit mode.

I have an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, been running an i7 920 fine for a year or so on 10.6.8, I used a retail install guide from osx86 to get it working.

I just picked up a core i7 980 6 core 3.33Ghz cpu cheap, haven't opened the box yet was reading first about what I have to do. At this stage I can still return the core 980 if it's not going to work.

Will it work reliably with a 64 bit kernel on 10.6.7 or 10.6.8? Don't care if I have to patch it as long as it works.

Any way I can keep my current 10.6.8 install and just patch kernel and DST and then install the CPU? If so where do I start?

If re-installing using iboot and multibeast is better then I can do that.

Gordo74 said:
This is a very old thread. 1366 works fine now. All processors.

with vanilla kernel in 10.6.8, or do I need to apply DSDT patches? Does latest iboot + multibeast apply the correct DSDT's for a 980 automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back