Contribute
Register

980Ti, dp 1.2, and a whole lot of nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Nvidia
Ok this is my first hackintosh so I have almost no clue what I am doing. I didn't pick any of my hardware to run OS X specifically I just happen to notice one day that it was capable of working with OS X.

My problem is I have 3 monitors
asus pb287Q dp1.2
asus vs247 HDMI 1.4
asus vs247 DVI

and only the DVI one works

I have the Nvidia web Drivers.
They are running.
OS X isn't detecting either of the other 2.
Ive tried forcing it to use the PB287Q alone to no avail it simply restarts the computer.
I also have a 780 that is in my computer that I use in windows.
When I was using OS X drivers and had the Display port and HDMI monitors hooked up to the 780 all three monitors worked although everything on the DVI monitor was jenky.
I can't change the PB287Q to use Dp 1.2 because it hates me.
I WANT to only use the 980ti because its faster, better for gaming ect.

The rest of my specs are:

i7 4770k
asus sabertooth z87
16gb ram.

Please help because I cannot find the answer anywhere.

Make sure you are not injecting Nvidia

Make sure you are not injecting Nvidia
Thank you for the quick response.

As long as that's the check box in the clover boot loader, I have none of them checked. Not for the 980ti, the 780, or the onboard Intel.

Thank you for the quick response.

As long as that's the check box in the clover boot loader, I have none of them checked. Not for the 980ti, the 780, or the onboard Intel.
Ok I am inept. I had them checked by default. I had the problem of it going to a black screen immediately after booting. However, after I restarted and booted in verbose mode it ended up working. However, I had to change my 4K monitor to use dp 1.1. Is there anyway to have it use dp 1.2?

Ok I am inept. I had them checked by default. I had the problem of it going to a black screen immediately after booting. However, after I restarted and booted in verbose mode it ended up working. However, I had to change my 4K monitor to use dp 1.1. Is there anyway to have it use dp 1.2?

It should just work but sometimes there are hardware combinations where it doesn't. While not 4K my Dell U2415 is running in DP 1.2 mode while connected to my MSI GTX 970 just fine and I didn't have to do anything to make it work.

Thanks much.

Everything's working now. I did som reg. Edits and I think I have it running at 1.2 60hz but I am not sure.

Also thank you for your "fixing driver issues guide" that really helped me.

Sorry, but I have one more question.

About 1/2 the time when I boot, after it finishes loading, I get a black screen. My monitor, only the vga one is still receiving a signal but the screen is just black. It is also the only one that is receiving signal. All the other times I boot it's works perfectly.

Thank you again

Sorry, but I have one more question.

About 1/2 the time when I boot, after it finishes loading, I get a black screen. My monitor, only the vga one is still receiving a signal but the screen is just black. It is also the only one that is receiving signal. All the other times I boot it's works perfectly.

Thank you again
What system profile are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back