Contribute
Register

889 not working on GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I've already reinstalled twice. Say i dont want to completely reinstall again, what route would I take?

delete every kext youved installed so far.
look at the names and locations of what you have installed in multibeast

would be easier for you just to do a clean install

2 reinstalls is nothing.

MultiBeast 4.2.1 worked for me just like everyone is saying. I was making the mistake of not choosing ALC8xxxHDA and ALSO AppleHDA Rollback along with the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler ALC889. I had to choose all three and then it worked.

Hey, just got off the road from work, i'm going to try this reinstall, sorry for no response for awhile.

Hey there !

Sorry to squat this post but i dont wanna create another topic considering it's almost the same anyway...so better concentrate everything in one place... :)

I've been trying to get my sound working on my GA-Z68P-DS3, with about all the was explained on this forum, and though i can get the system report to properly detect the on-board audio, with the 889 codec and even HDMI activated according the newest kext for Lion for that codec.... yet i cant select any sound output when i go in the sound settings.

here are various screenshots of what i have installed and what's on my screen... If ever somebody can come up with another solution to try, i'd be more than happy to try it. If not, well, i'm gonna get a firewire card and use only my external soundcard, but it's a bit stupid considering the numbers of output i have on my mobo...

Also, need i mention here that the sound is working just fine on my windows 7 partition, no troubles at all... :s

Thanks for your help folks !

Bless !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.55.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.55.10 PM.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.55.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.55.35 PM.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.56.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.56.28 PM.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.56.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 6.56.48 PM.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 159
Didjelirium said:
Hey there !

Sorry to squat this post but i dont wanna create another topic considering it's almost the same anyway...so better concentrate everything in one place... :)

I've been trying to get my sound working on my GA-Z68P-DS3, with about all the was explained on this forum, and though i can get the system report to properly detect the on-board audio, with the 889 codec and even HDMI activated according the newest kext for Lion for that codec.... yet i cant select any sound output when i go in the sound settings.

here are various screenshots of what i have installed and what's on my screen... If ever somebody can come up with another solution to try, i'd be more than happy to try it. If not, well, i'm gonna get a firewire card and use only my external soundcard, but it's a bit stupid considering the numbers of output i have on my mobo...

Also, need i mention here that the sound is working just fine on my windows 7 partition, no troubles at all... :s

Thanks for your help folks !

Bless !

Did you install using EasyBeast or UserDSDTInstall?

jester969 said:
Did you install using EasyBeast or UserDSDTInstall?

Of course ! Several times... Choosing the 3 options (HDA, rollback, 889), choosing only two after deleting the HDA then rebooting then kextutility to reinstall.... I tried all the techniques i found on the forum, as you can see in the screenshot, the sound is detected by the system report, yet i don't have any option in the sound settings concerning outputs...

Tried a few times more since my post without any luck still...

Damn sound.... I think that's why i cannot play any video through quicktime (got an error -101) though VLC can read them no problem....without sound obviously.

Lil bump on that issue, if anyone has ideas or thoughts to throw in the conversation...

Still no luck trying to make the sound work on a Gigabyte Z68p-DS3 mobo, no matter how many times i install or tweak the kexts. I tried up to this new version of the AppleHDA for lion as it is presented on the forum, tried the voodoo (but got KP as soon as i boot, so not good solution) and used up most of my patience and hope to see that hackintosh ever getting some sound output...

I don't know why, system profile sees the audio part no problem, only on audio 889 listing all the outputs/inputs.... yet there's no device to be selected in the sound settings.....

Anyone managed with similar hardware or issue ?

Thanks a lot... Considering i'm planning to mainly do music or music videos on that machine, i really need the sound to work. Can't get my Saffire Pro 14 to be detected through my firewire card neither... so so far no luck at all... :(

I would try a new install fresh on your HDD.

Does your firewire card have a TI chipset? What brand is it?

jester969 said:
I would try a new install fresh on your HDD.

Does your firewire card have a TI chipset? What brand is it?

I did start again from a fresh install... Did probably around 15 installs so far, luckily it goes fast on a SSD and 'only' takes about 20 min to reinstall Lion from the usb drive... But no luck... when i run Multibeast with the proper DSDT file i've downloaded from this website for my motherboard, it detects all the sound output in the system profiler, but there's never any output devices i can choose from in the sound settings. Tried with several HDA kext files, tried with and without the rollback thingy...no luck so far.

The firewire card i bought is one of those referenced as 'compatible' with mac os (from what i've read on this forum), it's the best connectivity/Syba one i think, there's 3 1394 firewire port + 1 internal one... didn't find kext or drivers for it so i dunno if i should/could add one or not, and since i only have my soundcard equipped with firewire, i can't try with another device to check if it works fine or not. I installed the Saffire software, but when i plug the card, it says 'no hardware detected', though i can see the Saffire output in the sound settings...

This is driving me quite mad since only sound seems to be fixed. Everything else works just fine, i have a stable system and proper performances when rendering with after effects... but I NEED SOUUUUUUUUUUND !

Bouhouhouhouhouh !!!

Getting somehow desperate, but i knew building a hackintosh wouldn't be that easy... yet, wasn't prepared for so much troubles....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back