Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So i can not get 889 to work on snow leopard. I've posted a few times so maybe I was a little bit vague on what I have already tried.

I ran multibeast, selected the 889 kext that is included, no dice there, I had a custombeast made, ran that, no dice there. Read another thread that has you go into the system library and delete applehda.kext, reboot, run mulitbeast and install the 889 kext and reboot again and still no sound.

Is there possible an already existing thread or anyone who can give me just a step by step solution? Anything would be greatly appreciated, I've been working on this for days and it seems like i've made no head way.

board i'm using:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3

gidgetgein619 said:
So i can not get 889 to work on snow leopard. I've posted a few times so maybe I was a little bit vague on what I have already tried.

I ran multibeast, selected the 889 kext that is included, no dice there, I had a custombeast made, ran that, no dice there. Read another thread that has you go into the system library and delete applehda.kext, reboot, run mulitbeast and install the 889 kext and reboot again and still no sound.

Is there possible an already existing thread or anyone who can give me just a step by step solution? Anything would be greatly appreciated, I've been working on this for days and it seems like i've made no head way.

board i'm using:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3

try this

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26486

I'll give it a whirl, its for lion though, i'm using snow leopard, think it will still work? I'm going to give it a try, thanks for the link sir.

so thats not working. I deleted all the audio kexts out of my library and followed this step by step and still no sound coming out. any ideas?

I have almost the EXACT system as you. same processor, graphics, and motherboard only mine is a UD4 F5. make sure when you install the audio file you have removed ALL files that could be working against you. try this..

1. Delete all audio kexts in Extensions

2. Download kext utility

3. run next utility and when finished reboot

4. place fresh AppleHDA on desktop and run kext again and when finished drop HDA kext into kext utility

5. reboot

6. run multi beast select ALCxx8hda and non dsdt 889

7. reboot once more
honestly it worked first time for me and we have exact systems so it should work fine.

I'm giving it a try, but which audio kexts should I delete.

I deleted applehda.kext, hdaalc889.kext, any others? I was straying away from things like appleUSBaudio.kext or midi kexts, should I get rid of those as well or no? I'm assuming no.

Oh, and since we have similar systems maybe you can help me. I cant seem to get it to self boot, no idea whats going on with that, any suggestions?

Yeah, followed your instructions step by step and it didnt not work unfortunately. any other suggestions?

You still did not get sound?

Is your audio cable inserted fully on your mobo?

You should be able to get audio easily with audio codec 889.

I would suggest a reinstall and leave audio once you finish installation and try the usual:

>System Utilities?>Drivers & Bootloader>Audio>ALC8XXHDA + AppleHDA rollback

Before that go through the folder again and delete ALL audio kexts. You possibly could have missed one.

So in my "about this mac," section under the audio (built in) it says "intel high definition audio" and "audio id: 889." I still do not get sound, any clues whats going on with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back