Register

8400 GS dsdt graphic and applehda audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
From toleda " Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 3b: Kext Edits for NVIDIA 4xx "

Example: HDMI Codec_id: "10 de 00 12"
Represented in AppleHDA as "12 00 de 10"

My hdmi codec id is : 10de:0be3
If I follow toleda, it will be " e3 0b de 10 " no ?

kentiin said:

if that is what toleda's tutorial says then i guess it is correct, if successful let me know :thumbup:

kentiin said:

No. You found the Nvidia Codec device_id. You need the HDMI audio device_id. In step 2 above, it looks "like this in Windows: 10DE 000x, where x is a hex value (1 through f); or Mac: 0x 00 de 10."

You may have to do the DSDT edits (generic version) from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030. To verify the edits, install IORegistryExplorer, available on the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail Install Disk or here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798 post #1.

Toleda, can you give me a command to type in terminal to find my HDMI audio device_id... I'm a little lost...

kentiin said:
Toleda, can you give me a command to type in terminal to find my HDMI audio device_id... I'm a little lost...
I don't know of a terminal command. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030. Install IOReg, make the DSDT edits. Once you have HDAU available in IOReg, you will see the device_id in IOHCodecDriver.

I am confused. If he had HDMI audio with the the voodoo kexts, why edit the AppleHDA.kext?

Your motherboard has the audio codec.

You may have found something. I don't have one of these cards and I have not tried this before. If you are up for an experiment, try this:

1. Back up your system. Ideally, you have a separate partition to run this experiment. You must remove all Voodoo audio kexts, including the pre-pane.

2. Determine Nvidia HDMI audio device ID. (this is different than the Nvidia codec device ID). It will look something like this in Windows: 10DE 000x, where x is a hex value (1 through f); or Mac: 0x 00 de 10.

The easiest technique to use is Windows/Sound/Nvidia/Properties/Device_ids. In Mac, it may show up in bdmesg, lspci or ioreg.

3. Run MultiBeast; select AppleHDA rollback. If your onboard codec is available in MultiBeast, install that as well.

4. Make a copy of AppleHDA from S/L/E on your desktop. Verify that AppleHDA is v1.7.9.

5. Run Hexedit; in AppleHDA binary, find 07 00 de 10 and replace with 0x 00 de 10 four times, "x" being the value you found is step 2. No edit is needed on AppleHDAController binary. viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22032

6. Install the edited AppleHDA in SLE, repair permissions and reboot.

7. Check System Preferences/Sound/Output for HDMI audio.

We'll try this without the DSDT HDMI audio edits. If it doesn't work, we can add the HDMI edits.

Good luck.

An apology in advance. Some of the information above may not be 100% correct as I am traveling and don't have access to my usual resources.

What I mean is what did editing the AppleHDA accomplish if HDMI was already working with voodoo?

You can't edit AppleHDA because Voodoo replaces AppleHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back