Contribute
Register

8400 GS dsdt graphic and applehda audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
kentiin said:
Is there a method to enable full acceleration of 8400GS via DSDT and hdmi audio via apple hda like this post " http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/demystifying-mac-os-x-hdmi-audio.html " ?

The 8400 does not have an onboard codec which is required for the method cited. If your graphics card supports SPDIF pass-through from your motherboard, you can have HDMI audio via on board audio. Regarding acceleration with DSDT injection, check the Graphics Forum.

toleda said:
kentiin said:
Is there a method to enable full acceleration of 8400GS via DSDT and hdmi audio via apple hda like this post " http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/demystifying-mac-os-x-hdmi-audio.html " ?

The 8400 does not have an onboard codec which is required for the method cited. If your graphics card supports SPDIF pass-through from your motherboard, you can have HDMI audio via on board audio. Regarding acceleration with DSDT injection, check the Graphics Forum.

With voodoohda i'm able to have audio through hdmi... does it mean that 8400GS have onboard codec ?

kentiin said:
With voodoohda i'm able to have audio through hdmi... does it mean that 8400GS have onboard codec ?

Your motherboard has the audio codec.

You may have found something. I don't have one of these cards and I have not tried this before. If you are up for an experiment, try this:

1. Back up your system. Ideally, you have a separate partition to run this experiment. You must remove all Voodoo audio kexts, including the pre-pane.

2. Determine Nvidia HDMI audio device ID. (this is different than the Nvidia codec device ID). It will look something like this in Windows: 10DE 000x, where x is a hex value (1 through f); or Mac: 0x 00 de 10.

The easiest technique to use is Windows/Sound/Nvidia/Properties/Device_ids. In Mac, it may show up in bdmesg, lspci or ioreg.

3. Run MultiBeast; select AppleHDA rollback. If your onboard codec is available in MultiBeast, install that as well.

4. Make a copy of AppleHDA from S/L/E on your desktop. Verify that AppleHDA is v1.7.9.

5. Run Hexedit; in AppleHDA binary, find 07 00 de 10 and replace with 0x 00 de 10 four times, "x" being the value you found is step 2. No edit is needed on AppleHDAController binary. viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22032

6. Install the edited AppleHDA in SLE, repair permissions and reboot.

7. Check System Preferences/Sound/Output for HDMI audio.

We'll try this without the DSDT HDMI audio edits. If it doesn't work, we can add the HDMI edits.

Good luck.

An apology in advance. Some of the information above may not be 100% correct as I am traveling and don't have access to my usual resources.

kentiin said:
I will try this, thanks.

How did you find Nvidia HDMI audio device ID in Mac ?
Is there some command or tool I can run to find this device ID ?

I'm using Gigabyte Geforce 8400GS TC > http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3661#ov
And GA-H55N-USB3 MB
I'm running 10.6.7

have you tried DPCImanager? it will detect 2 nvidia deviceID, one is the graphic and the other is the audio, use google to determine which is which.

I found two device id :

10de:0be3 hda controller id
10de:10c3 graphic id

i'm noob and i don't speak english very well...

Witch code must give " 10de:0be3 " to insert it in applehda binary in remplacement of " 07 00 de 10 " ?

I'm interest on how you do to find this code..

Thanks

kentiin said:
i'm noob and i don't speak english very well...

Witch code must give " 10de:0be3 " to insert it in applehda binary in remplacement of " 07 00 de 10 " ?

I'm interest on how you do to find this code..

Thanks

if i read toledo's tutorial from above, you should replace the 07 00 de 10 with 03 00 de 10 four times...but better check with with toledo before applying and keep a backup of the original appleHDA if you want to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back