Contribute
Register

5k Resolution with original iMac Panel and Nvidia Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an option. But you would not believe where it is :lol:
I cannot find it. Please tell me where it is hidden.

dci-p3.jpeg

Just found a setting for DCI-P3. Is this any better than "Native"?

To enable disable DDC/CI, change to another source/port that isn't connected and press enter and when it goes to sleep, press exit once and the display will wake up with the DDC/CI logo in the middle of the screen with on/off selection.

To get to the SERVICE menu (be very careful with that area, it's easy to mess your display, so take pictures of each menu pages before playing around): turn off the display, keep source selection button pressed and turn on display.
A black background menu with white text will appear on the top left.

To enable disable DDC/CI, change to another source/port that isn't connected and press enter and when it goes to sleep, press exit once and the display will wake up with the DDC/CI logo in the middle of the screen with on/off selection.

To get to the SERVICE menu (be very careful with that area, it's easy to mess your display, so take pictures of each menu pages before playing around): turn off the display, keep source selection button pressed and turn on display.
A black background menu with white text will appear on the top left.
Thanks. I tried multiple times but none of the tricks worked on mine. Different firmware?
I use Adobe for the PCM setting on Mojave and DCI-P3 on Catalina (for HDR10)
Are you able to see any difference?

Thanks. I tried multiple times but none of the tricks worked on mine. Different firmware?

I'm not sure you can do it from the IR remote. Use the physical buttons on the PCB strip connected to the card.

The commands are as follow:

Connector - IR sensor - [ON/OFF] - LED - [MENU/ENTER] - [DOWN] - [UP/SOURCE] - [EXIT]

Are you able to see any difference?

I use Catalina for Video Editing and Mojave for CC work.

I'm not sure you can do it from the IR remote. Use the physical buttons on the PCB strip connected to the card.

The commands are as follow:

Connector - IR sensor - [ON/OFF] - LED - [MENU/ENTER] - [DOWN] - [UP/SOURCE] - [EXIT]

I use Catalina for Video Editing and Mojave for CC work.
No I tested it using the physical buttons on the PCB strip.

I managed to get the SERVICE menu to show by holding the "Down" key while turning on the display. However the DDC/CI trick did not work for me.

On mine, the layout of the buttons are slightly different:

Connector - IR sensor - [ON/OFF] - LED - [MENU/ENTER] - [UP] - [DOWN] - [SOURCE/EXIT]

I managed to get the SERVICE menu to show by holding the "Down" key while turning on the display. However the DDC/CI trick did not work for me.

Try another button when you change the source and it goes to sleep.

Try another button when you change the source and it goes to sleep.
Do I have to wait for the 1 minute time-out to finish and the display goes into power saving mode? Also, do I change the input by using the source button or the menu?

Change with the source button and press enter.

You can do it when the time-out is happening (just tried and it works too)

Change with the source button and press enter.

You can do it when the time-out is happening (just tried and it works too)
I tried many times and the sequence did not display the DDC/CI settings. DDC/CI works so I should not attempt to explore this any further. Thanks for your help and tips.

I messed around with the colour settings in the OSD menu and for some unknown reason now my LCD panel is VERY bright when I set the backlight to 100%. Previously there was very little noticeable difference between 50% and 100% backlight (although I considered it quite bright at 50% and I set it to 20% for normal use). Now the backlight level increases a lot as I ramp it up to 100%, probably similar to the original iMac 5K.

I also connected the iMac internal speakers directly to the audio output of the onboard audio amplifier (CSC3110 via the 4-pin header on the 5K driver board) and it worked pretty well. The microphone label on the product photo obviously meant speakers.

I touched the heatsink and it felt quite warm. Did you install a fan above the heatsink on your board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back