Contribute
Register

5960x Yosemite Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh so fast, I'm creating a unibeast key at the moment and are going to try as fast as possible now

Hey again

After trying all kinds of configs with different bootflags I still get the PCI Configuration begin “error”. I am unable to get through that screen.My hardware is:Asus X99 Deluxei7 5960XEVGA 980tiCrucial Ballistix 2400Mhz 64gbSamsung M.2 SM 951 256gb

I have tried both with usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 flash drives

How do i continue to get to the installation screen ?!

Here is a pic of the boot error

PjCg1wv.jpg

Hey again

After trying all kinds of configs with different bootflags I still get the PCI Configuration begin “error”. I am unable to get through that screen.My hardware is:Asus X99 Deluxei7 5960XEVGA 980tiCrucial Ballistix 2400Mhz 64gbSamsung M.2 SM 951 256gb

I have tried both with usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 flash drives

How do i continue to get to the installation screen ?!

Here is a pic of the boot error

PjCg1wv.jpg

I have a similar build. And same problem.

Always PCI configuration begin.

Haswell-E patch seems to be not working.

What's the md5 checksum of your kernel file (/System/Library/Kernels/kernel)? If it's 1a2306e39c55551fc723c7fda153ae1c, then it is not patched at all.

Use my config file I uploaded a few posts back and also replace you S/L/Extensions folder with the attached zip files (unzip them!). All of the files in zips should constitute a full S/L/Extensions folder. BUT PLEASE make a backup of your existing S/L/E in case these do not work and again I reiterate these work for my system (X99-Deluxe, 5960X, GTX760).
If we have identical systems except for the video card then you may have to use a boot flag to disable the video card or do a temporary replacement with something supported by OS X such as the one I have a GTX760.
Another possibility is that your bios settings are incorrect. I have found this to be one of my biggest hurdles since I started all this mackintosh stuff with a z97x series motherboard.
If all this still has you hanging at the 'pci thing' then maybe I can attach a default but working BIOS config file for the 1801 BIOS.
BUT please ensure you followed exactly the procedure outlined in post #1. That was my final starting point and it works.
Hopefully I have not misled you in all this so make sure you have all the Back Ups!

Attachments

• A1.zip
    82.5 MB · Views: 203
  • A2.zip
    77.8 MB · Views: 184
  • A3.zip
    49.9 MB · Views: 187
  • A4.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 109
It was a huge success for me that I had managed to complete the installation with extra `cpus=1`.

After replacing kext mentioned in post#1, I tried to use Clover as bootloader to load Yosemite.

The bad news is the machine automatically reboots after PCI Configuration begin. So it ends up to me that I never reach the desktop of Yosemite.

Boot flag is `npci=0x2000 -v -f kext-dev-mode=1`(with or without `cpus=1`) and a screenshot is attached.

Please help!!!

IMG_0991.JPG

Hi Everybody,

I just bought the same spec than Johnkeller :

GA-X99-UD4P (last bios)
i7-5960X
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 750 2Go

I followed the Johnkeller's guide scrupulously with Unibeast 5.2.0 and Yosemite 10.4, but it seems that I had no Luck and got stuck at "ACPI Configuration Begin" like a lot of people here.
I tried a lot of strings in Chameleon -v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
Then I added -x and even debug=0x14e etc....
Always stuck on "ACPI Configuration begin"...
Could you please help me ?
Thank you very much !

I have a Rev 1.1 x99 UD4 board with F12

SUCCESS. Hang at PCI Config, but shortly finished. Don't reboot. Let it go for a minute.

Now to get my Ethernet to work...

DO you have GA-X99-UD4 with i7-5960X ??? If Yes, how you did please?? i'm stuck on PCI Config even i wait for an hour !

It was a huge success for me that I had managed to complete the installation with extra `cpus=1`.

After replacing kext mentioned in post#1, I tried to use Clover as bootloader to load Yosemite.

The bad news is the machine automatically reboots after PCI Configuration begin. So it ends up to me that I never reach the desktop of Yosemite.

Boot flag is `npci=0x2000 -v -f kext-dev-mode=1`(with or without `cpus=1`) and a screenshot is attached.

Please help!!!

View attachment 144413

It seems I have to answer myself.

Reach desktop with bootflag `npci=0x2000 -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootID=1 debug=0x14e dart=0 nv_disable=1`

nv_disable for my unsupported graphic card GTX970.

Install clover to EFI, and the boot is all okay without USB installer.

Then, install NV webdriver and change the bootflag to `npci=0x2000 -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootID=1 debug=0x14e dart=0 nvda_drv=1`. It drives my 4k display properly.

Lastly, use toledo's ALC command to fix ALC1150.

However, reboot seems to be unstable now. It will show black screen and nothing happen until the power reset button is pressed.

Another issue is about HDMI or DP audio, still in progress.

It seems I have to answer myself.

Reach desktop with bootflag `npci=0x2000 -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootID=1 debug=0x14e dart=0 nv_disable=1`

nv_disable for my unsupported graphic card GTX970.

Install clover to EFI, and the boot is all okay without USB installer.

Then, install NV webdriver and change the bootflag to `npci=0x2000 -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootID=1 debug=0x14e dart=0 nvda_drv=1`. It drives my 4k display properly.

Lastly, use toledo's ALC command to fix ALC1150.

However, reboot seems to be unstable now. It will show black screen and nothing happen until the power reset button is pressed.

Another issue is about HDMI or DP audio, still in progress.

HDMI is enabled by a simple HDMIAudio.kext.

Also experienced extremely slow VM issue. Solved with GenericUSBXHC.kext

Runned stress tests for 6 hours, still stable.

However, Geekbench score is far behind my expectation. This might be caused by the lack of SteepStep and TurboBoost, keeping the CPU running at very low frequency.

What's more, as I am using a Xeon CPU, OC is not an option.

Advice to those who want something like Hackintosh Pro: Just grab a 5960X.

Maybe the absence of a 12-core 3GHz+ Xeon E5 is the reason why Apple doesn't update their Mac Pro with Haswell-E/P.

Hallo,

I saw that You`ve got success on 5960X.
What is Your MB and bios version??
I`m trying to install on GA-X99-UD4 bios F12, 5960X, GTX680 without any success...
Could You tell me somthing to help me in it?

Thnks in advance.
Best Regards, Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back