Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Still no joy after the security update. I went back and copied the kexts from USB. Copied the patched kernel too. Repaired permissions etc. then booted to clover usb and selected Yosemite drive. Progress starts but then hangs at PCI Configuration.... Cannot get past that no matter what.

Could it be because I overclocked in BIOS and I need to set it back to normal? Can't see how that would affect things as it was working fine with the overclock before?

Really frustrated now as I'm sure I'm following every step very carefully. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
R

Last edited:
Hmmm. Still no joy after the security update. I went back and copied the kexts from USB. Copied the patched kernel too. Repaired permissions etc. then booted to clover usb and selected Yosemite drive. Progress starts but then hangs at PCI Configuration.... Cannot get past that no matter what.

Could it be because I overclocked in BIOS and I need to set it back to normal? Can't see how that would affect things as it was working fine with the overclock before?

Really frustrated now as I'm sure I'm following every step very carefully. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
R

When you boot into Clover, change the boot arg back to nv_disable=1 in option. Once booted in to Yosemite patch the GPU with AGDFix. That should do it. Before you restart make sure that the boot arg inside Config.plist is is nvda_drv=1

When you boot into Clover, change the boot arg back to nv_disable=1 in option. Once booted in to Yosemite patch the GPU with AGDFix. That should do it. Before you restart make sure that the boot arg inside Config.plist is is nvda_drv=1
Hi Saijohn,

Thanks for this, however I did change the driver to disable. Tried that every time in fact but still not getting past the PCI Config hang so I can't boot into Yosemite to patch it.

Before I did the security update I made a carbon copy of the system drive onto a USB (sadly before all my software was installed) and I just managed to boot into that no problem. Re-copied kexts using KW, re-patched kernel, re-copied EFI folder. Shutdown, restart to clover, disable nv_driver etc. reboot to Yosemite.... Same problem, instant restart at [PCI Configuration] Grrrrrr!
This is driving me nuts!

Worst case I think I can carbon copy back of the usb, then migrate all my stuff back from time machine. However that gets me back to before the security update, so I don't want to do that if there's any chance at all of fixing this.

Thanks all

Hi Saijohn,

Thanks for this, however I did change the driver to disable. Tried that every time in fact but still not getting past the PCI Config hang so I can't boot into Yosemite to patch it.

Before I did the security update I made a carbon copy of the system drive onto a USB (sadly before all my software was installed) and I just managed to boot into that no problem. Re-copied kexts using KW, re-patched kernel, re-copied EFI folder. Shutdown, restart to clover, disable nv_driver etc. reboot to Yosemite.... Same problem, instant restart at [PCI Configuration] Grrrrrr!
This is driving me nuts!

Worst case I think I can carbon copy back of the usb, then migrate all my stuff back from time machine. However that gets me back to before the security update, so I don't want to do that if there's any chance at all of fixing this.

Thanks all
Try in this way: make a clone of your primary disk with CC then update your disk with the security patch. Connect the clone made with CC and boot with it. When in OSX insert USB stick and copy the 4 Kexts as described in the guide, repair permissions in the target drive and reboot from the primary disk adding nv_disable command. When logged in patch again with agdpfix or follow this thread to solve the problem of nvidia web drivers: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Thanks nightflyer...

I'll give that a try

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
so till now I think everything is working good. The only issue I have is with ejecting external hard drives. The drive ejects but don't turn off even after a shutdown the drives are still running and the same with my bluetooth dongle. It keeps blinking after a shutdown and I have to replug it that it stops blinking. I don't know if it's a certain Bios setting I've to change or if it's related to Yosemite. Any ideas?

Hey Nightflyer. Thanks so much for the help. It worked! I had obviously corrupted something. Starting from the CC clone worked a treat and it even saved a copy of my installed apps etc!

Cheers. I owe you quite a few beers!

R

Last edited:
Can someone please help me get Thunderbolt working on my system. I feel like I'm 'ALMOST' there, I'd like to run a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt) on Yosemite 10.10.5.

I built the system in October and only recently installed a Thunderbolt EXII card, per the instructions in this thread, which is why I'm posting it here - hope that's correct. The device works fine in Windows 10.

Memory Allocation Error:
-Fixed the memory allocation error using the modified OsxAptioFixDrv-99 to replace the old Efi.

Win10
-Installed Windows 10 on seperate SSD
-Got the card working with the ASUS drivers, in the mini SB Slot 4x_1. (I also got it working in the NB x16_4 slot, but it works best in the SB slot with my other cards (Firewire, esata, and Nvidia 980). Otherwise a card is right below the Nvidia fan.
-I *think* I updated the firmware properly, although the .bin file I updated was in the downloads folder - I know little about Windows, lots about real Macs.

EFI on Boot Drive:
-Removed all '32' files in the EFI
-Removed all blank directories in the EFI.

BIOS:
I have a Asus x99 - Deluxe 3.1 board - Bios Revision 3004,
5820 intel i7.
32 Gig Ram.

Once it worked in Windows, I set it to these settings for OSX per instructions given:

Thunderbolt Settings in BIOS:
Thunderbolt Specification Version 1.2
Intel Sample Code Version 1.1.2
Thunderbolt Host Chip: Falcon Ridge
Intel Thunderbolt Technology: ON
Security Level: Legacy Mode
Wake from Thunderbolt Devices: OFF
AIC Support: ON
AIC Location Group SB PCIE Slot
AIC Location: SB PCIE_X4_1
Thunderbolt PCIe Cache-line Size : 128
SMI/Notify Support: ON
SwSMI Support: ON
Notify Support: ON
Ignore Thunderbolt Option Rom: ON
THunderbolt SwSMI Delay: 0
TBT Device IO resource Support: OFF
Reserved Mem per phy slot: 128
Reserved PMem per phy slot: 128

The device still is not detected.
I have it configured as a Mac Pro 5,1 and under Thunderbolt it says "no drivers are loaded" if that helps at all.

I really appreciate your help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back