Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way is it possible to replace a kext on El Capitan install USB like Yosemite... I couldn't find kexts on El Capitan USB Installer. I used "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" but still couldn't find system kexts on USB. Thanks.
It's because new version of Unibeast doesn't show hidden dirs. I tried "augustopaulo" method but it doesn't work. system hangs at PCIConf... I will try loading rbbunmc's kexts instead of the ones provided by him.

Seems to be working you mean you are able to boot to OSX? ;)

Yes. I followed Brumbauer's method starting from scratch by creating USB drive and it went quite right with just some minor differences and extra tweaking (USB3).

It's because new version of Unibeast doesn't show hidden dirs. I tried "augustopaulo" method but it doesn't work. system hangs at PCIConf... I will try loading rbbunmc's kexts instead of the ones provided by him.

i think brumbauer's Clover patch in config.plist can do the trick here.

Hi, i didn't change anything in the guide because it's already perfect! You can just read my post about how to enable speedstep on this build.
About your graphics card you will not have any issues. You need nvidia web drivers and follow the guide exactly from the beginning.

Could you please point me to the post about how to enable speedster on this build ?

Kind regards ;-)

Nightflyer, really hope that you can crack this. I dont think I am capable of figuring this out.... I see that someone else has installed EC onto RVE. Anyways, 10.10.5 is still fine. I just need the time to update the security patch.

Good Luck, we are counting on you! no pressure, take your time. LOL

Last edited:
Nightflyer, really hope that you can crack this. I dont think I am capable of figuring this out.... I see that someone else has installed EC onto RVE. Anyways, 10.10.5 is still fine. I just need the time to update the security patch.

Good Luck, we are counting on you! no pressure, take your time. LOL
I tried another guide made by a portuguese user with an X99 Deluxe MB but i'm not able to boot...i will try the one posted here even if it is made with an Asrock MB...working in progress...I think the main problem with x99-e-ws is clover!

Hi, i didn't change anything in the guide because it's already perfect! You can just read my post about how to enable speedstep on this build.
About your graphics card you will not have any issues. You need nvidia web drivers and follow the guide exactly from the beginning.

Hi thenightflyer.

Ran into a problem with the install, which is related - i think to the ACPI kext not being patched properly...
Could you please help me out with why this isn't working ? I have enclosed photos of issue.

Kind regards

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 61

Hi thenightflyer.

Ran into a problem with the install, which is related - i think to the ACPI kext not being patched properly...
Could you please help me out with why this isn't working ? I have enclosed photos of issue.

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back