Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I suggested you to use cpu and motherboards already tested with X99 system....

Hi Everyone,
Hi rbbunmc,

I'm on OSX 10.11.4 with Clover.
Can you explain me how you have configured the two 4K monitors on your hackintosh configuration ?

Did-you use a DDST or SSDT or another solution ?

Actually, my two monitors, connected with DisplayPort cable, are black at startup (after progress bar) one in two and I can't diagnose where's the problem.

Thank-you in advance for your help !

Hi, rbbunmc didn't install EC with his build...as i can see by your conf, you have an x99 deluxe with a 5820k cpu....here almost everyone has a 5960x cpu and nobody till today is able to setup a working build with EC.
About the black screen of your monitor maybe it's an nvidia driver issue...what gpu do you own?

Im hanging at Section 8 Step 12 of the PDF guide:
[ PCI configuration begin ]
booting stops there

I have the exact same hardware specs at the original poster.
specifically bought for this build to make sure it works.

any pointers?

Last edited:
It could be to different bios settings or because kernel is not patched...please be more specific about the problem and write a full list of your hardware specs

ASUS X99-E WS
i7 5960X
ASUS TITAN X

managed to install Yosemite and could boot to the installed Yosemite partition with the unibeast USB and -x -x -f ...etc...
inserted Clover USB and could only boot with adding -x
then installed nvidia webdrivers
reboot

since then i'm hanging at PCI configuration begin
even -x does not boot

went through the install process again and now its working...

I probably messed something up with the terminal based copying...
although i thought i double checked the terminal commands...
always triple check! lol

Hi, rbbunmc didn't install EC with his build...as i can see by your conf, you have an x99 deluxe with a 5820k cpu....here almost everyone has a 5960x cpu and nobody till today is able to setup a working build with EC.
About the black screen of your monitor maybe it's an nvidia driver issue...what gpu do you own?
Ok but the cpu is not the cause of black screen issues !

Yes I have installed EC successfully with fljagd procedures (http://fljagd.wix.com/business-review-blog#!Installer-pour-X99/c1nni/56487b560cf21009be87d89f). Thanks to him in passage !

I'hve a Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti.

Thank-you.

Anyone know how to download yosemite? The app store no longer has it.

Or more importantly. Has anyone made progress on el capitan?

Anyone know how to download yosemite? The app store no longer has it

If you have previously downloaded Yosemite it will be in the Purchased section of the App Store app.
If you have not previously downloaded Yosemite then you may only download the current version of OS X - El Capitan.
(or any other previously downloaded version).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back