Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm back to square one with my install, wanted to do a fresh reinstall, can get through pci configuration begin from the unibeast usb stick ( i ve patched the kernel )
rampage V
Titan X
5960x
:(

i boot with -v -f -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1
I should mention that i m stuck at the same stage when using clover install methods.

p5abKp6.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 84
i boot with -v -f -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1
I should mention that i m stuck at the same stage when using clover install methods.

p5abKp6.jpg
Check again if you patched kernel correctly....check again bios settings....try to install with another gpu if you have one.

is there a way to know if the kernel was correctly patched ? i mean i know i do the correct command in terminal but, it works a couple of seconds then come back to prompt, how do i know it was succesfull?

is there a way to know if the kernel was correctly patched ? i mean i know i do the correct command in terminal but, it works a couple of seconds then come back to prompt, how do i know it was succesfull?
If no messages were given after commands so it was patched

So it was patched... ( and even the clover method failed ) so maybe a bios issue or the titan ...will test.

OK, I've managed to reinstall using a other graphic card in an other PCI slot.
I've then plugged back the titans, and they work, but I got a new problem, any of my Ethernet are working ( a PCI one and the motherboard one ), they aren't recognized.
Should i inject kexts?

thanks again for all the great help !

Hi folks,

Sorry for my bad English but nevertheless I'll try it. First of all I’m really happy to have found this nice forum and that there are so many people helping each other :) I’m an absolute beginner in the Hackintosh scene but after several months of checking all the Hackintosh stuff out I decided to give it a try especially because I don’t accept the overpriced mac pros. I’m working mainly in the music and audio production and for many years now with the latest macbook pro’s but I reached a level where every actual model cant hold with my work processes. That’s why I joined this community and want to build a powerful Hackintosh to have a great system to work with ;) I was thinking of nearly the same built as rbbunmc or thenightflyer but I still have some questions.
So are there any updates of rbbunmc's installation guide or will I still go save with it?

Does anybody with a 5960x know if it’s possible to integrate DDR4 with 3200 Mhz or will the processor not support them? And have you any good recommendations for most silent cases, power supplies and CPU cooling systems? There are tons of different parts out there and I no longer look through :crazy: and for audio and music production it is one of the most important point for my build to have a silent system.
My planned setting: (I appreciate any recommendations ;)

ASUS X99-Deluxe or Asus X99-E-WS
i7 5960X (already ordered)

Graphics: Still not sure but don’t think i need the best one for audio. What do you recommend to be most compatible and silent for a HT? Was thinking of a GeForce GTX 960/750 /760

64GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-(3200?)

SDD's:
boot: Samsung SM951
other: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

Other Hardware:
- most silent case, power supply and CPU cooling :shh:
- ASUS ThunderboltEX II

thanks for your help!

Cheers,
mirakulics

Hi folks,

Sorry for my bad English but nevertheless I'll try it. First of all I’m really happy to have found this nice forum and that there are so many people helping each other :) I’m an absolute beginner in the Hackintosh scene but after several months of checking all the Hackintosh stuff out I decided to give it a try especially because I don’t accept the overpriced mac pros. I’m working mainly in the music and audio production and for many years now with the latest macbook pro’s but I reached a level where every actual model cant hold with my work processes. That’s why I joined this community and want to build a powerful Hackintosh to have a great system to work with ;) I was thinking of nearly the same built as rbbunmc or thenightflyer but I still have some questions.
So are there any updates of rbbunmc's installation guide or will I still go save with it?

Does anybody with a 5960x know if it’s possible to integrate DDR4 with 3200 Mhz or will the processor not support them? And have you any good recommendations for most silent cases, power supplies and CPU cooling systems? There are tons of different parts out there and I no longer look through :crazy: and for audio and music production it is one of the most important point for my build to have a silent system.
My planned setting: (I appreciate any recommendations ;)

ASUS X99-Deluxe or Asus X99-E-WS
i7 5960X (already ordered)

Graphics: Still not sure but don’t think i need the best one for audio. What do you recommend to be most compatible and silent for a HT? Was thinking of a GeForce GTX 960/750 /760

64GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-(3200?)

SDD's:
boot: Samsung SM951
other: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

Other Hardware:
- most silent case, power supply and CPU cooling :shh:
- ASUS ThunderboltEX II

thanks for your help!

Cheers,
mirakulics
Welcome :thumbup:
About the DDR4....why do you need a 3200 DDR4? If you read this thread from the beginning you will learn that X99-E-WS doesn't work with memories more than 2400....i use my build for music production purposes too, so take a look at my details.
One of the most silent and IMHO best case to fit the X99-E-WS is the Fractal Design Define XL-R2.
The only "update" to rbbunmc's guide is about speedstep...read my last posts about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back