Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone experienced any firewire issues?..

Just realized I lost function to my Firewire card sometime in the last few days.
I'm using the tonymacx recommended PCI FW card.

It's supplying power to my firewire audio card, but no data.
When I look in system profiler it says "No firewire ports were found".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just realized I lost function to my Firewire card sometime in the last few days.

Any ideas?

Thanks

My firewire card does this. About 60% of the time I have no firewire. I just reboot until it works.

I'm currently using the FW kexts from 10.9.5 provided by thenightflyer earlier in this thread. I wish it worked all the time though. Any ideas guys?

My firewire card does this. About 60% of the time I have no firewire. I just reboot until it works.

I'm currently using the FW kexts from 10.9.5 provided by thenightflyer earlier in this thread. I wish it worked all the time though. Any ideas guys?

I seeee.

When I did a previous OS install with Chimera my FW worked fine..
Not sure what's going on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

To make our FW card working with Yosemite we need to put Mavericks firewire kext in S/L/E folder, then after repaired disk and chache permissions with kextwizard reboot and voilà....the system will see the FW card.
It happens that after a system update, like for ex. the last security patch we need to reinstall again FW kexts from Mav.
Unfortunately there is no other solution to make fw cards working.

Attachments

• Mavericks Kext.zip
    872.7 KB · Views: 72
To make our FW card working with Yosemite we need to put Mavericks firewire kext in S/L/E folder, then after repaired disk and chache permissions with kextwizard reboot and voilà....the system will see the FW card.
It happens that after a system update, like for ex. the last security patch we need to reinstall again FW kexts from Mav.
Unfortunately there is no other solution to make fw cards working.

Thanks very much thenightflyer..

You've been a huge help.

FW working again!

Last issue I seem to be having is I'm not getting full USB 3 speeds.

Getting about 100MB/s out of my USB 3 ports.

Anyone know a fix?

Did you disable speedstep in bios?

You are the man!
I had a Facepalm moment here. Disabled speed step and had to switch the PCI to 4X again. All good. Next on my list is get QuicKeys running which still performs terrible.

You are the man!
I had a Facepalm moment here. Disabled speed step and had to switch the PCI to 4X again. All good. Next on my list is get QuicKeys running which still performs terrible.
:thumbup:

Last edited:
I just updated to the newest Clover and now my system won't boot. Getting the OsxAptioFixDrv error. FML. How can I un**** this situation? Anyone know how to fix? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back