Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revert to 32xx clover rather than 33xx clover. I had the same issue till I went back to an older version.

I just updated to the newest Clover and now my system won't boot. Getting the OsxAptioFixDrv error. FML. How can I un**** this situation? Anyone know how to fix? :(
Did you use new optio file or did you overwrite the new one with rbbunmc's optio?

I didn't use rbbunmcs after updating :(

how can I fix this? terminal?

That's why!
To fix it you can use terminal mode (you can find here a post where are explained commands to write to mount EFI and then overwrite the file) or simply the newbie way :D (like i do!) and boot with the clover stick created with rbbunmc's guide, mount EFI partition of your SSD and then overwrite the new optio file with the old one provided by rbbunmc.

For all the Pro Tools HD Omni Users out there: I can confirm that this build is running smoothly with Pro Tools HD 11 and QuicKeys.

Here is the list of devices that differ from rbbunmc's list and gave me some troubles to find. I hope this helps anyone that wants to buy this Mackintosh in the near future:

Thunderbolt Dual:
[AMAZON-de]http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00LOAX71O/[/AMAZON-de]

I might have a different Version of the Motherboard:
[AMAZON-de]http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00NJGJJE0/[/AMAZON-de]

Water Cooling:
[AMAZON-de]http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00N2A0FU0/[/AMAZON-de]

Ram:
https://www.alternate.at/G-Skill/DI...cto-Kit-Arbeitsspeicher/html/product/1185032?

Case:
https://www.alternate.at/Fractal-De...Pearl-Big-Tower-Gehäuse/html/product/1052036?

My Mobo does not fit perfectly into the case, or maybe it was my fault that I did not install it right. My case blind is slightly stressed. But, you know, it works.

Cheers!

I checked amazon links you put and i can tell you that Mainboard is the same, water cooler is like mine...i bought a Kraken too....only thunderbolt card is different (yours is the dual version) and DDR4...consider that with X99-E-WS board you cannot set DDR4 frequency more than 2400...
About the case it's the same case I've too and maybe you didn't fit your mainboard very well inside because the Define XL-R2 is perfect for that mainboard...i think you should check and unmount your mainboard to see if you didn't fit it correctly inside.

That's why!
To fix it you can use terminal mode (you can find here a post where are explained commands to write to mount EFI and then overwrite the file) or simply the newbie way :D (like i do!) and boot with the clover stick created with rbbunmc's guide, mount EFI partition of your SSD and then overwrite the new optio file with the old one provided by rbbunmc.
Thanks! This fixed it.

questions:
1. Has anyone figured out which USB ports get killed because of using the ThunderboltExII ? They seem sporratic to me. I don't understand how this works. (x99-E WS)

2. Anyone with x99-E WS get iMessage working? Is there an idiots guide?

3. I am having extreme ProRes decode problems that I did not have with Chameleon. In some applications only, ProRes plays at 1FPS instead of 24FPS like it's supposed to. I think it has to do with the hardware decoding ProRes usually does, it's probably emulated in Chameleon but not clover. Anyone have any idea how to fix this??

Thanks

Also, only the top Ethernet port is working, not the bottom. What driver do I need for the bottom one?

Thanks

Also, only the top Ethernet port is working, not the bottom. What driver do I need for the bottom one?

Thanks
I use this kext to enable both Ethernet ports...

Attachments

• AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    130.3 KB · Views: 88
Thanks! This fixed it.

questions:
1. Has anyone figured out which USB ports get killed because of using the ThunderboltExII ? They seem sporratic to me. I don't understand how this works. (x99-E WS)

2. Anyone with x99-E WS get iMessage working? Is there an idiots guide?

3. I am having extreme ProRes decode problems that I did not have with Chameleon. In some applications only, ProRes plays at 1FPS instead of 24FPS like it's supposed to. I think it has to do with the hardware decoding ProRes usually does, it's probably emulated in Chameleon but not clover. Anyone have any idea how to fix this??

Thanks
About your questions....i noticed too that there it isn't always the same USB port that doesn't work when you enable TBEX card..
About imessage i don't use it but you can find other thread with search menu..
About the third i cannot help you :p

I checked amazon links you put and i can tell you that Mainboard is the same, water cooler is like mine...i bought a Kraken too....only thunderbolt card is different (yours is the dual version) and DDR4...consider that with X99-E-WS board you cannot set DDR4 frequency more than 2400...
About the case it's the same case I've too and maybe you didn't fit your mainboard very well inside because the Define XL-R2 is perfect for that mainboard...i think you should check and unmount your mainboard to see if you didn't fit it correctly inside.

Hmm, the screws were lined up correctly, maybe it was a mistake with the blind. Next time I have my case open I will check that but I hope this is going to be in 5-6 years :D

Didn't know about the redundant DDR-speed, thank you for that information!
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back