Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
did someone have the firewire's kext from Mavericks to share?
I have access only to a machine with Mavericks but without Firewire port....

Thank you

Stefano

Hey all,

I have a perplexing problem! I've got the X99 Deluxe with a 5960x and EVGA Titan 6GB and got it working (with ThunderboltEX II!!) on 10.10.5 with the modified OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi - everything works beautifully and I'm so happy to finally have it running.

I'm hitting an interesting problem where my machine will randomly reboot when I'm using external USB3.0 hard drives. It seems drives have to be mounted and somewhat in use for the reboot to occur. It's also been difficult to narrow down because it will rarely happen - takes an hour or two for it to occur. Seems to happen most often while I'm rendering in Davinci Resolve (using the GPU a lot) while accessing footage on the external drive. The odd thing is that I can also copy files on and off drives using Finder for hours without the issue occurring.

Here's all the things I've tried and other notes... any thoughts?
* didn't have this issue with my previous OS; 10.9.5
* BIOS to defaults
* BIOS with recommended settings in PDF
* Absolutely nothing logged in Console - totally normal, nothing that stands out before reboot. It isn't a KP
* Happens with multiple external HD's - Seagate and G-tech
* Eliminated the following by disabling them in the BIOS - Ethernet, WIFI, bluetooth, Thunderbolt
* tried using original OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
* tried genericusbxhci.kext

Hello,

Thank you

Stefano

It doesn't matter you should have the same in S/L/E firewire kext...look and copy all *FW*.kext files...they should be 6, AppleFW*.kext and 4 or 5 IOFW*.kext

My sound has suddenly stopped working on my hack. Using 10.10.5. I didn't change anything. Works fine in Windows.

WTF? anyone have any idea what could have happened?

There is a reported issue with dual-boot machines and the effect that it has on sound in OSX.

Have a search in the forum.

Of course they will work....don't change your FW card....actually FW is the best choice for music production!
Did you damage your motherboard?

Hi Nightflyer !

You were right: my FW card and interface are now working great !! Thanks a lot ! :headbang:

Hello,

Thank you

Stefano

Hey Madido,

I can send you those kexts if you still need them. Just let me know!

Hello There
I'm a french Graphic artist working on autodesk smoke and Flame
I've made built an hackintosh based on ASUS X99 deluxe cpu 5930k and Gtx Titan black and yosemite 10.10.5. I sometimes have my Hack shut down when working with hudge set up.
Graphic card behave sometimes weird.
I work with promise R6 pegasus thunderbolt. The installation was a pain in the ass

So I'm now trying to make a new clean install on my own from your tutorial
But I get stuck at Section 3 when you say to Copy Kext to /USB/Extras/Extension folder.
I simply don't find it on USB it's not even in hidden files
What did I miss !
Your help would be precious
Sorry for my bad english.

Try to make again USB stick with Unibeast...maybe you missed something. That path should exist...it's strange you cannot find even with unhidden file command!

It should be on the USB or on the EFI of the USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back