Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Madido,

I can send you those kexts if you still need them. Just let me know!

Hi Shamanjam,
yes please, cause I can't find them in my Mavericks, I have only FWaudio kext...
Moreover, on my first installation my e-sata ports worked, when I had to reinstall the system (on same hardware) they don't work anymore.... any suggestion? (maybe I miss something...)

Thank you

Stefano

Hello: First, thank you for the very detailed write up, much appreciated!
Just a quick question, do you think this would work with an ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
and an i7 5820K? Thanks.

Hello: First, thank you for the very detailed write up, much appreciated!
Just a quick question, do you think this would work with an ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
and an i7 5820K? Thanks.

As rbbunmc wrote at the beginning of his guide, it should work for most of X99 Asus board but it's not sure...

Hi Shamanjam,
yes please, cause I can't find them in my Mavericks, I have only FWaudio kext...
Moreover, on my first installation my e-sata ports worked, when I had to reinstall the system (on same hardware) they don't work anymore.... any suggestion? (maybe I miss something...)

Thank you

Stefano

Here it is ! ;)

View attachment FW kexts - Mavericks.zip

Thanks for the help everybody, I got it working with 10.10.5 :)

I have the same motherboard as you, how did you proceed to install Yosemite? I've been patching over and over again, and i get stuck in the same part. I can't get to the install screen.

Can somebody help me please?

My specs:

i7 5960x
asus x99 deluxe u3.1
GTX 970
3TB HDD

One of my RAM sticks is no longer seen in OSX. It's seen in Windows. Computer boots fine. It shows 3 sticks of DDR3 instead of 4 sticks of DDR4. It's never shown up as DDR4, but the 4 sticks have shown.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Also, what are the best settings for fastest thunderbolt? Do I want to force to 4x? Is this forcing it to be faster or slower?

Thanks

I have the same motherboard as you, how did you proceed to install Yosemite? I've been patching over and over again, and i get stuck in the same part. I can't get to the install screen.

Can somebody help me please?

My specs:

i7 5960x
asus x99 deluxe u3.1
GTX 970
3TB HDD

Please explain well or attach a pic of where you get stuck with your system.

One of my RAM sticks is no longer seen in OSX. It's seen in Windows. Computer boots fine. It shows 3 sticks of DDR3 instead of 4 sticks of DDR4. It's never shown up as DDR4, but the 4 sticks have shown.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Also, what are the best settings for fastest thunderbolt? Do I want to force to 4x? Is this forcing it to be faster or slower?

Thanks

If i remember well there was a similar issue here with ram banks, read the first posts of this topic bro'...about the thunderbolt i think you should try to force settings and test your device if you have improvements.

@ R2Tican

In my opinion in reference to your problem, if the problem occurs when the system is OC then you need to raise the VCCSA in your system regarless it shows in windows, try that if not success then pull all the sticks out and test one by one at D1 slot with memtest, on either OS X or Windows.

Hello Nightflyer,

I followed your postings concerning the 5960x Hackintosh and read that you have this machine for your recording studio. That's what I also want to build, it looks very good!

You did order these parts:

MB Asus X99-E-WS
CPU i75960X
DDR4 G-skill 64gb Ripjaws 4 model F4-2800C15Q2-64GRK
SSD Samsung 1tb 850 PRO
Case Fractal Define XL-R2 black (Cosmos is bigger!)
GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 960 Superclocked

but you ended up with a different graphic card?
MSI GTX 680 4GB?

Also I'd like to ask you what DAW and interface you have.
I am planning to use this machine for Pro Tools with an Thunderbolt HD Omni Native.

I would want to go for a rack case like this:
[AMAZON-de]http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000RDIZH0[/AMAZON-de]/

But I don't think this would fit for a 1500W PSU and the water cooler
Corsair Hydro Series, right?
Looking forward to your reply!
patience1312

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back