Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. I think I am a bit confused. I recreated the installer USB at least 20 times, sometimes it has a kernel at /System/Library/Kernels, sometimes it doesn't. Anyways, when it had it I used the patch from the temporary guide, but it was not working at all. With clover it hangs at PCI Configuration Begin and after a few seconds the computer restarts. With Chimera it only hangs at the exact same stage.

At this point I am completely lost, I followed all the guides I could find with no result. At some point I got to the installer and installed the system, but after post-install it was broken again and stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.

Are you sure that it is stuck at PCI Configuration Begin and not loading without you know it?
The reason I am asking is bcoz it does take awhile for it to load into the Mac installation screen.
When I first boot into the installation with the UniBeast USB I had to wait a few mins for it to load.

Are you sure that it is stuck at PCI Configuration Begin and not loading without you know it?
The reason I am asking is bcoz it does take awhile for it to load into the Mac installation screen.
When I first boot into the installation with the UniBeast USB I had to wait a few mins for it to load.
Maybe it's because he used the temporary guide to patch kernel instead rbbunmc's guide...it's a kernel patch problem. Usually after "PCIConfiguration begin" routine it needs about 10/15 secs max to reach the installer and not minutes....if it needs more time so something went wrong!

Thanks for the reply. I think I am a bit confused. I recreated the installer USB at least 20 times, sometimes it has a kernel at /System/Library/Kernels, sometimes it doesn't. Anyways, when it had it I used the patch from the temporary guide, but it was not working at all. With clover it hangs at PCI Configuration Begin and after a few seconds the computer restarts. With Chimera it only hangs at the exact same stage.

At this point I am completely lost, I followed all the guides I could find with no result. At some point I got to the installer and installed the system, but after post-install it was broken again and stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.
Please post here all the components you are using...did you follow rbbunmc's bios settings? If your mainboard has USB 3.1 did you disable it? This is a kernel patch problem so you didn't follow some step of the guide

So if I understand correctly, the Asus X99-E WS with an 5820k is confirmed to be working with El Capitan? While reading through many pages of this thread, I read somewhere about some hardware limitations of the Asus X99-E WS board. What are these limitations, since I can possible get a good deal on this board. Or would you guys rather recommend a different X99 board?

Maybe it's because he used the temporary guide to patch kernel instead rbbunmc's guide...it's a kernel patch problem. Usually after "PCIConfiguration begin" routine it needs about 10/15 secs max to reach the installer and not minutes....if it needs more time so something went wrong!

How is rbbunmc's kernel patch different from the temporary guide kernel patch? It's exactly the same. I actually tried rbbunmc's guide from start to end (the new one, Aug 25 Install). I will also try his 'Older Install' too.

Please post here all the components you are using...did you follow rbbunmc's bios settings? If your mainboard has USB 3.1 did you disable it? This is a kernel patch problem so you didn't follow some step of the guide

My specs are:
Intel i7 5960x, Asus X99 Deluxe, Gainward GTX 970, Samsung EVO Pro 250GB SSD.
The motherboard IS actually USB 3.1, but through a bundled PCI-E add-in card and has no USB 3.1 ports onboard, therefore there is nothing to disable.

My specs are:
Intel i7 5960x, Asus X99 Deluxe, Gainward GTX 970, Samsung EVO Pro 250GB SSD.
The motherboard IS actually USB 3.1, but through a bundled PCI-E add-in card and has no USB 3.1 ports onboard, therefore there is nothing to disable.
Is the PCI-E USB 3.1 card unplugged while you are installing Yosemite? There should be in bios a menu about this card...

It's not plugged in… I searched a lot in the BIOS and there is no option to disable it.

Try again to patch kernel as in rbbunmc's guide....if it doesn't work check your bios settings...try to load default settings before and then change settings as showed in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back