Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

This is just another question which is not in regards to my first.

Is it need to patch the kernel, the reason why i ask is because i managed to install Yosemite without doing this (10.10.5) and I did manage to get Yosemite working apart from the sound. Again any information most welcomed.

regards

Bromel

Hey, rbbunmc.

Quick question. Can you tell me a little about the benefits of updating to the mac pro 6.1 bios?

Also you have something in your post that says "ALC1150 Native HD Audio - Gives native HD Audio for Asus x99 systems." but in the PDF you describe using different audio kext/drivers. Is there some other file I should find and download if I want the native hd audio?

Also, I have a pci-e wifi card (I know it's stupid I can't remember why I didn't just get a usb stick or something). Right now it's not working and I was wondering what you do for wifi or what you'd recommend doing if you don't use wifi.

Last question: If I want to boot into windows will that cause problems?

Thanks again :)

As wi-fi card i use this one and it's native with osx http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-11_TL-WDN4800.html

cp -R /Volumes/COPY/kexts/. /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions/

i then get this msg:

-bash: /bin/cp: device not configured.

Im not sure whats happing but how would I test that terminal can detect this USB drive,
How is it best to trouble shoot this to make sure I have the right drive select in the first case.

Any help appreciated im stuck now, and i am a mac newbie :crazy:

regards

bromel

p.s i have added a screenshot of the terminal and my experiments

Check well dirnames you created on usb stick..if you created "kexts" dir write the command including exact name of your dirs and a space between /. and /Volumes/Yosemite/System etc...:

cp -R /Volumes/COPY/kexts (not Kexts)/. /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions/

@rbbunmc

My great friend :) i know you are too much busy but i've a question for you, because you are our guide...about thunderbolt devices, expecially raid hds it's not possible to attach them when osx has started, but they need to be plugged and switched on before osx starts...do you think this is an issue/bug of the thunderboltex II adapter? Or what?

@thenightflyer

many, many tnxs for highlighting this to me. I went back and checked my spelling and I spelt Kexts with a capital letter instead of a lowercase letter :shh:.

Anyway I was able to continue with my installation process and I am happy to say that I cracked it;

I now have a standard installation of OS X 10.10.5 running on my PC with "SOUND!!!":headbang:

I just want to give a big thank you to @rbbunmc for his PDF was a complete game changer and it worked for me.

IMG_0160.jpgIMG_0159.jpg

p.s @rbbunmc can you give me a msg, in regards to ure PDF I notice a couple of spellings, that just need changing.

Catch you all soon.

regards

Bromel

Last edited:
@thenightflyer

many, many tnxs for highlighting this to me. I went back and checked my spelling and I spelt Kexts with a capital letter instead of a lowercase letter :shh:.

Anyway I was able to continue with my installation process and I am happy to say that I cracked it;

I now have a standard installation of OS X 10.10.5 running on my PC with "SOUND!!!":headbang:

I just want to give a big thank you to @rbbunmc for his PDF was a complete game changer and it worked for me.

View attachment 152814View attachment 152813

p.s @rbbunmc can you give me a msg, in regards to ure PDF I notice a couple of spellings, that just need changing.

Catch you all soon.

regards

Bromel

No problem Bromel, I'll give you a PM in the morning. I am giving el capitan one last shot tonight.

Anyone know how to port all my apps/settings to a new install of the OS? I want to save everything, wipe my drive, load 10.10.5, put all my apps back with settings intact. Possible?

I am trying to troubleshoot this really annoying graphics issue I have.

And what are upgrade steps from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 in this build?

Damn, apparently there is no way to download 10.10.5 anymore...

Damn, apparently there is no way to download 10.10.5 anymore...
That's why you always backup the installer.app before doing the install... If you find away to get Yos clone your existing drive with SuperDuper or CCC to spare drive, do a clean install, and use migration assistant to bring your apps and settings back.

EDIT: If you're currently running Yos you should be able to go to the app store, click purchases, and re-download Yos..

Anyone know how to port all my apps/settings to a new install of the OS? I want to save everything, wipe my drive, load 10.10.5, put all my apps back with settings intact. Possible?

I am trying to troubleshoot this really annoying graphics issue I have.

And what are upgrade steps from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 in this build?

As i did, use Carbon copy cloner. It creates a clone of your system disk. But remember to install clover to your clone disk and copy your EFI folder into the clone EFI folder too so it will be bootable in case you need to restore everything.
You can use Time Machine too but to recover during the installation process of Yosemite you need to put a line command in Terminal to have the Time Machine menu to restore an image from another disk.
About OSX 10.10.5 in the App store when you resume your purchased item (like Yosemite too) it will download the most recent version of Yosemite so 10.10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back