Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
/@rbbunmc Did you had any luck with El Capitan, furthest I've got is pci configuration begin and restart?

No, but have learned the problem supposedly has to do with 5960x and the Haswell patch not working correctly that causes instant reboot. I think we're stuck waiting on a new patch.

One of my friends have got it to work on El Capitan with 6 core on x99 deluxe, the problem is with 8 core processor. If you really badly want El Capitan the only way I think would be to complete the installation process with the 6 core then replacing it with 8 core after, once you have successfully made it.

Hey, I just bought a X99 Deluxe, tried with Unibeast installer but I can't get passed PCI Configuration, did exactly as you said in your guide. Trying to instal 10.10.5, Asus X99 Deluxe, 5960x? Any way I can reach installer? Thanks

@rbbunmc Hi, do you think my system will be compatible with your guide?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/172379-x99-desktop-compatibility.html

Yea youre fine, people have had trouble patching bios, if you get stuck at pci config begin add debug=0x14e in bootflag and it should boot, then patch in yosemite.

Neverguessme - see above... Not sure why patch hasn't been working in terminal on installbootfor people, but proceed with installand add that bootflag, it will get you in yosemite and patch there in terminal.

/@rbbunmc So, i installed the OSX i can boot on the OS but have two problems now, my nVidia driver do not stick on Nvidia web driver... i change from native to Nvidia, restart and is again on Native. And the other one is ethernet is not working... if i open network just show me nothing and i click on + the window closes.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Well as usual I seem to be stuck at the rudimentary stage.
patching the kernel on unibeast - I copied and pasted kernel. Typed password but it didn't show any writing. USB indicator seemed to be doing something for an hour or so.
is it supposed to take this long or is it just not working?
At one point got a box up saying the USB had not ejected properly...very confused. ~

Hi

Well as usual I seem to be stuck at the rudimentary stage.
patching the kernel on unibeast - I copied and pasted kernel. Typed password but it didn't show any writing. USB indicator seemed to be doing something for an hour or so.
is it supposed to take this long or is it just not working?
At one point got a box up saying the USB had not ejected properly...very confused. ~

I had the same problem the first time i prepared the USB stick...it was due to a wrong copy and paste of the command..try to paste in this way:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g'/Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

..thank you...I'll try that.

/@rbbunm I fixed the ethernet YAY! i found a kext that worked... but nvidia drivers still dont save... there is anything you know about this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back