Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point is what, answer the question if you have something to contribute...

Your point is what, answer the question if you have something to contribute...

Sorry but i didn't answer what is your question...apply to X99 what?

1) Of course i selected other OS....My bios version is 1201, maybe is it different from yours?
2) I applied kernel patch in Unibeast USB as you describe in the guide, and after the command it returns with cursor and with no error message. So i must add debug=0x14e into command line when i reach clover GUI? I remember i disabled sataplug etc. but anyway i will check again tonight.
Thanks for your help and for your patience.

PS my configuration is like yours except graphic card (mine is a GTX 960). I'm using as boot drive an SM951 and thunderbolt card is not attached to the mobo...so it should work...

EDIT: I added debug=0x14e at command line but this time the system instead of reboot hangs at pic configuration begin.....I paste a picture

It sounds like you may not have repaired permissions on yosemite.
Use unibeast and enter Disk Utility at install screen
Or
Try to boot into clover from USB and do it with kextwizard. You should be able to do this if clover is installed, just make sure to change boot flags to -x -v -f nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000

What installer? Do you run Clover? I'll send a PM... It wasn't long ago I saw multiple post that said I haven't found a successful install of Yosemite... I'm not recommending El Cap, just a play thing for now...

Clover install, I haven't tried chimera yet. I cloned my yosemite from SM951 to 1TB external and booted fine on my imac. Installed el capitan and still booted fine on my imac. Took back to the PC and cloned to a blank 1TB Samsung 850 Pro. I tried booting from both the Seagate and 1 TB Pro with no luck, just reboot.

Bootconfig = 0x28
CSR-active-config = 0x67

Bootflags npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1
Even tried re-adding kext-dev-mode=1 and -x -f

but nothing.

I am considering this next though from tonymacx86
o fix an unbootable system, or to boot a freshly updated system, one must disable SIP, then boot into Single User Mode in order to rebuild the cache. This is done in Clover by pressing spacebar to access boot menu, then selecting "Boot Mac OS X in single user verbose mode". Type the following commands in order once the command line appears in verbose mode.

To fix an unbootable system via Terminal:
1. fsck -fy
2. mount -uw /
3. touch /System/Library/Extensions && kextcache -u /
4. reboot

@rbbunmc
UPDATE: finally i did it, i'm in Yosemite boot disk! I preferred to start again following again your guide from the first step. So i prepared again Unibeast USB because maybe i did some mistake in patching kernel there...
I changed my GTX960 with a Titan X GPU too..
Everything is ok except if i see in system information it says unknown cpu...is it norma??
UPDATE 2: i installed thunderbolt card following the guide...but both windows and osx don't recognize any device i attach. In OSX under system information, in thunderbolt section i read "no thunderbolt driver loaded"

Last edited:
Hello,
I have exactely the same system as the guide but I'm stucked in booting from USB Unibeast
attached is the screenshot.
Someone can help?

Thank you

Stefano

Attachments

• IMG_20150918_120304 [167389].jpg
    IMG_20150918_120304 [167389].jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 96
I did a little step further...
I realized that I didn't copy the kexts in right place in USB.....

But now I'm still stuck on PCI configuration begin...

here is the screenshot

I'm on a Asus X99-E WS with 5960X and Titan X

Attachments

• IMG_20150918_141533.jpg
    IMG_20150918_141533.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 127
Hello,
the fault was my usb stick...
With a new one I've installed yosemite.
Now I'm on step 7 of section 8 and once installed nvidia drivers, I can reach the login page, but after password I'm stucked with Beach ball spinning......

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Stefano

I did a little step further...
I realized that I didn't copy the kexts in right place in USB.....

But now I'm still stuck on PCI configuration begin...

here is the screenshot

I'm on a Asus X99-E WS with 5960X and Titan X

I had the same problem...as rbbunmc told me it was due by a wrong kernel patch....I suggest you to put debug=0x14e in command line when booting from unibeast and patch again the kernel. If the system will hangs at pci configuration again try to make a fresh install. Pay attention to directories name, spaces etc. A simple type error can give u problems in patching kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back