Contribute
Register

5770: Poor performance after sleep in Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MacPro in that discussion has the same GPU as I have (of course the official Apple version, not the one from Sapphire), the iMac has an HD 2600.
I've found another user with an old iMac with the HD 2600, who has exactly the same problem: After sleep, all the cool new animations get a bit sluggish, that's what happens to me, too.
I had that CMOS Reset problem, too, but after the kext edit (I think it was the same you did, too...) it was gone. However, I had performance problems even before that, on a completely clean Lion install!

Oh my god, I can't believe it: Problem solved! :eek:

Don't really know why I did that, but I just removed the smbios.plist I was using for more than a year now (some MacPro, don't know which one...), and replaced it with an iMac11,1 file from Multibeast. That's it! No other framebuffers or something like that, just a new model identifier, and the performance problems are gone :eek:

No idea what these two things have to do with each other, but I'm happy now that everything works as it's supposed to! :)

Fl0r!an said:

Don't really know why I did that, but I just removed the smbios.plist I was using for more than a year now (some MacPro, don't know which one...), and replaced it with an iMac11,1 file from Multibeast. That's it! No other framebuffers or something like that, just a new model identifier, and the performance problems are gone :eek:

No idea what these two things have to do with each other, but I'm happy now that everything works as it's supposed to! :)

Nice!

Fl0r!an said:

Awesome! It does make sense. I read somewhere that people are having problems with sleep when they have a USB drive connected to a USB 3.0 port and use MacPro3,1 as a model identifier. I guess MacPro3,1 did not support USB 3.0 ports. Everymac.com has a great directory of all Mac models and their hardware.

Hi,

I too experienced slowdowns on my Gigabyte HD 6850 after wake up (bitcoin mining went from 160MHash/s to 60MHash/s) with MacPro3,1 smbios.
After changing smbios to iMac12,2 I have full speed even after waking up.

Is there any reason why MacPro3,1 is default in MultiBeast?

knizmi said:
Hi,

I too experienced slowdowns on my Gigabyte HD 6850 after wake up (bitcoin mining went from 160MHash/s to 60MHash/s) with MacPro3,1 smbios.
After changing smbios to iMac12,2 I have full speed even after waking up.

Is there any reason why MacPro3,1 is default in MultiBeast?

Has anybody else solved the issue with this solution? I too am having this issue with my 6870. I will update my definition to iMac12,2 tonight and report back.

cliffom said:
Has anybody else solved the issue with this solution? I too am having this issue with my 6870. I will update my definition to iMac12,2 tonight and report back.

After updating my definition to iMac12,2 I no longer suffer from degraded OpenGL performance after sleep.

Saphire ATI 6870: After boot I get 30 fps in Cinebench and after waking from sleep, I get 36 FPS. Yay? Still poor compared to 60+ fps under Windows, though ;c

Meowtimer said:
Saphire ATI 6870: After boot I get 30 fps in Cinebench and after waking from sleep, I get 36 FPS. Yay? Still poor compared to 60+ fps under Windows, though ;c

That seems low. My XFX 6870 scores 57-60 after boot and sleep. OS X 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back