Contribute
Register

560 Ti: Coloured squares and crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried luxmark test for the first time with my 560 ti card.. and i got less than 300 score.. i think something is wrong.. can someone comment upon this.. my graphics card seems to work fine without crashes so far.. but is it working less than its capable for?

It looks like beastyboy is referring to Step Three on this guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/31349-how-i-got-my-560-ti-working-quick-guide.html

Definitely worth a try since I haven't done those early steps there yet (I was assuming/hoping that 10.8's native support for the 560Ti would mean they weren't necessary). I'll try tonight and report back.
OK so I did all the steps from that guide and found the first three were already done / already my card's device ID was in the right places. So that's not it.

I might find a spare HDD and do a clean install of 10.8 and try that.

i am not able to do step 4.. there is no info.plist file in my AGPM file.. AGPM kext is also not loading when my hachintosh boots.. i am on MacPro 3,1 profile.. changing it to 5,1 does not boot the system..

i have also done all steps except 4th step.. don't know what to do..

i am not able to do step 4.. there is no info.plist file in my AGPM file.. AGPM kext is also not loading when my hachintosh boots.. i am on MacPro 3,1 profile.. changing it to 5,1 does not boot the system..

i have also done all steps except 4th step.. don't know what to do..

To see info.plist you need to show hidden files.

To change to Mac Pro 5,1 or 4,1 you need to remove appletymcedriver kext from S/L/E.

Hi all to get my card working i made unibeast usb on the first boot i had to type PICRootUID=0 once installed on the reboot had to type PCIRootUID=0 again. Then in multibeast i used user dsdt/dsdt free option has i do not need a dsdt. I never did anything under graphics options has i already had full reds i just typed the big long command in my other post for OpenCL. Then it should work great i also then edited my AGPM.kext i did a video on this pm me for link i cant post it on here :)

To see info.plist you need to show hidden files.

To change to Mac Pro 5,1 or 4,1 you need to remove appletymcedriver kext from S/L/E.

thanks i will try this.. also, which profile is most suited with a 560 ti card..??

my specs:

ga z68xp-ud3
i7 2600k

currently i am on Macpro 3,1 profile..

thanks i will try this.. also, which profile is most suited with a 560 ti card..??

my specs:

ga z68xp-ud3
i7 2600k

currently i am on Macpro 3,1 profile..
I tried 4,1 at first, but then iStat couldn't read my CPU or GPU temperature sensors. I then tried 5,1 and they work again so I stayed on 5,1.

Hi all to get my card working i made unibeast usb on the first boot i had to type PICRootUID=0 once installed on the reboot had to type PCIRootUID=0 again. Then in multibeast i used user dsdt/dsdt free option has i do not need a dsdt. I never did anything under graphics options has i already had full reds i just typed the big long command in my other post for OpenCL. Then it should work great i also then edited my AGPM.kext i did a video on this pm me for link i cant post it on here :)
Thanks beastyboy, I'm going to try this soon when I do a fresh install to test.

when i use the command given by you at terminal, it says No submissions made.. is it already loaded?

Did it ask for password ? and maybe you already did the long command then does your opencl work now? and my smbios is 5,1 with edited AGPM.kext

Did it ask for password ? and maybe you already did the long command then does your opencl work now? and my smbios is 5,1 with edited AGPM.kext

yes it asked for a password and i put it there.. how to check if my opencl is working?.. :p

besides, i am using 5,1 profile and have done agpm kext editing by putting correct device id..

agpm kext is also getting loaded.. but at console i get 2 lines:

PM kernal : [AGPM COntroller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice1200

PM kernal : [AGPM COntroller] unknownPlatform

even after putting correct vendors ID and using 5,1 profile.. i get above 2 lines.. is everything alright here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back