Contribute
Register

4770k with Vega RX 64, GA-Z877X-UD7TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Send me admins-iMac.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 51
Whoops! It was getting late. Here is the file as promised.
Ok it looks like you have some 3rd party kext installed either in L/E or S/L/E. That is fine but I would not recommend it until after you have everything working properly. Move those kexts into this EFI>Clover>kexts>Other folder and rebuild the kernel cache. If you are using any adapters for your GPU, its looks like you might be using a HDMI to DVI adapter, try not to. That can mess things up also. If you have to use an adapter try a DP to DVI adapter instead, converting from DP has had better success than HDMI conversions. Try this EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.1 MB · Views: 54
Ok it looks like you have some 3rd party kext installed either in L/E or S/L/E. That is fine but I would not recommend it until after you have everything working properly. Move those kexts into this EFI>Clover>kexts>Other folder and rebuild the kernel cache. If you are using any adapters for your GPU, its looks like you might be using a HDMI to DVI adapter, try not to. That can mess things up also. If you have to use an adapter try a DP to DVI adapter instead, converting from DP has had better success than HDMI conversions. Try this EFI folder.
Great! I will give it a whirl with the latest EFI you just sent me. Yes, I am using an Apple DVI to HDMI adapter and a DisplayPort to DVI adapter for my old wonderful Apple Cinema displays. Let's see how far I can go with the latest EFI. ;)

Great! I will give it a whirl with the latest EFI you just sent me. Yes, I am using an Apple DVI to HDMI adapter and a DisplayPort to DVI adapter for my old wonderful Apple Cinema displays. Let's see how far I can go with the latest EFI. ;)
So, I just tried the latest EFI and it gets stuck at Graphics again. Here is a screen shot.

The machine then reboots and cycles at the same point.

Just for clarity, I'm only using the DisplayPort to DVI dongle with one Cinema display. I had a GTX 670 card in the machine for years and never had any issues with Graphics. I noticed another issue, where as if I try to plug in another Display Port cable, the card does the same thing as when I try to light up a HDMI cable. Blank / Grey screens.

I just had another thought, when I tried to run 'RunMe' with the EFI you provided, it will never get past CPU. The machine will then crash. The 'RunMe' file was booted from a USB Unibeast to launch the drive with Mojave and then I was able to run 'RunMe' to compile the zip I sent you.

Attachments

• 659A3FB6-40E5-4664-AB9C-51A5CB547946.jpeg
    659A3FB6-40E5-4664-AB9C-51A5CB547946.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I am using an Apple DVI to HDMI adapter and a DisplayPort to DVI adapter
I am not aware of any Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 card having DVI? I am assuming you are going HDMI to DVI and DP to DVI correct?
Try replacing the config.plist in the last EFI folder I gave you with this config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 47
I am not aware of any Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 card having DVI? I am assuming you are going HDMI to DVI and DP to DVI correct?
Try replacing the config.plist in the last EFI folder I gave you with this config.plist
Yes, you are correct. The card has one HDMI port and 3 DP's. I'm using two adapters. One HDMI to DVI, and one DP to DVI. I will give the new config.plist a whirl.

The new config.plist allowed it to boot!! However, HDMI to DVI adapter ( when I plugged it in ) caused the black/grey screens along with the Graphics card moving to Full Throttle.

I just tried booting by removing the DP to DVI adapter connected to one of the Cinema display's, and tried a boot just over the HDMI to DVI Apple adapter and the system booted. However, at login in, the screen is Gobbldy gook.

Attachments

• 922819E8-D7B6-494B-80F6-855700DA88F7.jpeg
    922819E8-D7B6-494B-80F6-855700DA88F7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 32
The new config.plist allowed it to boot!! However, HDMI to DVI adapter ( when I plugged it in ) caused the black/grey screens along with the Graphics card moving to Full Throttle.

I just tried booting by removing the DP to DVI adapter connected to one of the Cinema display's, and tried a boot just over the HDMI to DVI Apple adapter and the system booted. However, at login in, the screen is Gobbldy gook.

Is this in Mojave?
It may be that Apple is doing away with DVI , DVI D support like they did with VGA.

Is this in Mojave?
It may be that Apple is doing away with DVI , DVI D support like they did with VGA.
Yes, this is in Mojave.

BTW, DVI works fine in Mojave with a Nvidia card. ;) All my displays plus a connected HDMI port to my sound AVR (Marantz) system on the old GTX 670 has no problems with Mojave.

Yes, this is in Mojave.
BTW, DVI works fine in Mojave with a Nvidia card. ;) All my displays plus a connected HDMI port to my sound AVR (Marantz) system on the old GTX 670 has no problems with Mojave.
Don't compare AMD vs Nvidia in MacOS, it will not get you any answers because they are completely different. I have seen success with both HDMI>DVI and DP>DP but because they were using "Active" adapters. What type of adapters are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back