Contribute
Register

4770k with Vega RX 64, GA-Z877X-UD7TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok with only the Vega 64 and HighPoint RAID card installed in Slot 1 and Slot 4, please try this EFI. Do not add/delete or edit anything. If you get stuck or panics, please upload a pic of where it gets stuck or panics.
Thank you Pavos.
I just tried to drag and drop to replace the EFI on my EFI partition but it comes up with this error. "The operation can’t be completed because an item with the name “_FAC~~2.AML” already exists" Once I click cancel and drag again, it will 'Resume and the files are copied. Will now reboot.

Ok with only the Vega 64 and HighPoint RAID card installed in Slot 1 and Slot 4, please try this EFI. Do not add/delete or edit anything. If you get stuck or panics, please upload a pic of where it gets stuck or panics.
So I tried the new EFI, and there were no panics but got stuck on the Graphics card powering up to full red lights and am now unable to Remote desktop in as that is how I could access the machine earlier with the jumbly graphics.

I put the older EFI you supplied and am now able to remote desktop in.

Last edited:
Thank you Pavos.
I just tried to drag and drop to replace the EFI on my EFI partition but it comes up with this error. "The operation can’t be completed because an item with the name “_FAC~~2.AML” already exists" Once I click cancel and drag again, it will 'Resume and the files are copied. Will now reboot.
How about delete the EFI folder first instead of drag and replace. If you do that only things that exist in both will be replaced and if yours has something that mine doesn't it will stay. You are mixing a lot of things up when doing that. Delete the EFI folder you have first, Empty trash then copy the EFI I gave you to ESP. Reboot

How about delete the EFI folder first instead of drag and replace. If you do that only things that exist in both will be replaced and if yours has something that mine doesn't it will stay. You are mixing a lot of things up when doing that. Delete the EFI folder you have first, Empty trash then copy the EFI I gave you to ESP. Reboot
Ok, will try that again. Nope, even after deleting the EFI folder, it still comes up with that error when I copy to the EFI partition. When I copy the last EFI you sent me I don't have any issues replacing the EFI.
Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 6.02.57 pm.png

Last edited:
Ok, will try that again. Nope, even after deleting the EFI folder, it still comes up with that error when I copy to the EFI partition. When I copy the last EFI you sent me I don't have any issues replacing the EFI. View attachment 374728
Then you are doing something wrong. Deleting a folder and putting another folder in the same place isn't trivial.

Ok, will try that again. Nope, even after deleting the EFI folder, it still comes up with that error when I copy to the EFI partition. When I copy the last EFI you sent me I don't have any issues replacing the EFI. View attachment 374728
Then you are doing something wrong. Deleting a folder and putting another folder in the same place isn't trivial.
I get it. I'm just letting you know that this is a weird error. I know it doesn't make sense. Anyway. I don't won't to waste any more of your time. Thank you for your help.

Hello there, I hope you are well Gigamaxx and Pavo!

So, I finally found the issue that was causing all my problems with the Vega 64 and HighPoint tech card. It turns out that turning off CSM in the BIOS was the trick. I found this info here thanks to Dashingncool.

Disable CSM compatibility mode in the BIOS. This is a must. Otherwise, you will get a small pixelated window with the pointer in the center on all but the first port on the GPU. If you are dual booting, then you do need this to be turned on. I don't know how to help you in that case.

So now I'm stuck with poor frame rates with Cinebench (60fps) though I'm getting a reasonable score with GeekBench GPU test 199,602 and LuxMark is a score of 28,585. I also fixed the fan issue with VegaTab_64.kext.

Any ideas on how to improve the frame rate of the Vega 64 card?

Thanks again,
Jase

Hello there, I hope you are well Gigamaxx and Pavo!

So, I finally found the issue that was causing all my problems with the Vega 64 and HighPoint tech card. It turns out that turning off CSM in the BIOS was the trick. I found this info here thanks to Dashingncool.

So now I'm stuck with poor frame rates with Cinebench (60fps) though I'm getting a reasonable score with GeekBench GPU test 199,602 and LuxMark is a score of 28,585. I also fixed the fan issue with VegaTab_64.kext.

Any ideas on how to improve the frame rate of the Vega 64 card?

Thanks again,
Jase

Cinebench is a strange beast. I’ve been above 100 but usually get around 78-85 with Vega. My RX 480 does better.

I have the Vega 64 acceleration working but I am totally stuck on the Intel HD Graphics 4600 by not being recognized by FCPX or DaVinci Resolve. The HD 4600 is recognized by my system and works in GeekBench (17,050) but FCPX and DaVinci will only use the Vega 64. Scrubbing the timeline in FCPX uses the Vega 64 card but doesn't use either Vega 64 or HD 4600 when you export h.264. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back