Contribute
Register

4770K Stuck at either 3.5Ghz or 3.9Ghz (SSDT?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things look ok in ioreg (xcpm active, SSDT loaded as expected, X86PlatformPlugin loaded). Run DPCIManager to check your pstates. Make sure to run a variety of tasks while monitoring. Post results.

No any changes, it always : 8,35. I never saw even turbo to kick in. Although, system is pretty fast, in GB3 it scores 3672/14320. I finally got my HD4600 DisplayPort working.

Is there any way to check pstates in Windows? Just to make sure the system is compliant.

No any changes, it always : 8,35. I never saw even turbo to kick in. Although, system is pretty fast, in GB3 it scores 3672/14320. I finally got my HD4600 DisplayPort working.

Is there any way to check pstates in Windows? Just to make sure the system is compliant.

It could be it is capped by iMac14,2 sysdef... Try using other smbios/ssdt configs.

It could be it is capped by iMac14,2 sysdef... Try using other smbios/ssdt configs.

I tried them all from MP3,1, MBA6,2, iMac14,1[2,3]. Same exact thing. BTW, in Windows 7 it is sure working as I observed in CPU-Z all kinds of multipliers from 8-35.

I tried them all from MP3,1, MBA6,2, iMac14,1[2,3]. Same exact thing. BTW, in Windows 7 it is sure working as I observed in CPU-Z all kinds of multipliers from 8-35.

For iMac, OS X will only use idle + nominal + turbo, with no states between idle and nominal. That doesn't explain why the turbo states are missing, except that they might be capped, or there is something wrong with your config.

For iMac, OS X will only use idle + nominal + turbo, with no states between idle and nominal. That doesn't explain why the turbo states are missing, except that they might be capped, or there is something wrong with your config.
Interesting, I did not notice any kind of deficiency in machine performance. It is operating very smooth and steady. Not as good as ProBook perhaps though, but better than my Z68 setup, so it is good enough.

I think Turbo was working at some point with MacPro3,1 or BIOS F7, as I was getting GB3 scores 4036/15722. and now it is 3672/14320. I updates to beta BIOS F8K to solve freeze issue, so it seems to disable Turbo on Mavericks and possibly in Windows.

It is working now.

Gigabyte just posted new F8m BIOS for our GA-Z87X-UD3H. Sure enough, now all CPU power states are enabled. In previous F8 BIOS, Turbo states were disabled, possibly due to stability issues. Will see if it works without freezes now...

Getting all CPU states in iMac14,1 profile: 8,35,37,38,39

GB3: went back up to: 4025/15721 From: 3684/14306 (no turbo)

I'm also having problems with this. Have generated SSDT (Tried naming it SSDT.aml, ssdt.aml, ssdt-pl.aml), booting with DropSSDT, newest bios firmware. Only getting 8x, 35x and 37x. I should be able to get something between 8 and 35, right? What could I be doing wrong?

Intel Core i7-4770K
GA-Z87N-WIFI

I'm also having problems with this. Have generated SSDT (Tried naming it SSDT.aml, ssdt.aml, ssdt-pl.aml), booting with DropSSDT, newest bios firmware. Only getting 8x, 35x and 37x. I should be able to get something between 8 and 35, right? What could I be doing wrong?

Intel Core i7-4770K
GA-Z87N-WIFI

CPU states depend on system profile you are using and of course the CPU itself. You can see what is defined for specific system profile by looking at the sdtPRGen.sh source code. I do not use and SSDT on my system. Bootloader generates all CPU states for my iMac14,1 profile just fine.

I have a 4670k, tried using and not using SSDT, only get 8x 34x 35x 36x 37x 38x, using windows I get CPU states like 12x, 17x... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back