Contribute
Register

470 G0 (4x0?) display brightness clarification please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Hi there,

Firstly, thanks again to Rehabman for all the work done with and on making ProBooks running MAcOSX!

My thing is I've always ran the blinkscreen, which doesn't appear to be needed on the 470 G0 as I've renamed it for now, as I was under the impression it would've set the full brightness level at 100% etc. This doesn;t appear to be the case for the 470 G0 as running blinkscreen just keeps the previous setting of the brightnes level.

However, I need to get clarity (missing it in the FAQs/isntallation guides etc.) about the brightness controls on this laptop.

It seems that I'm able to set the brightness at the Clover screen, and then boot into Mavericks and the display stays that brightness level, and I can't dim nor brigthen it even thought the Fn-F9 & Fn-F10 keys shows onscreen it's changing brigtness levels.

Is this something that is known?
Any other work arounds to dim/brigthen the screen as I move around other than rebooting?

Thanks again
HEndrik

Hi there,

Firstly, thanks again to Rehabman for all the work done with and on making ProBooks running MAcOSX!

My thing is I've always ran the blinkscreen, which doesn't appear to be needed on the 470 G0 as I've renamed it for now, as I was under the impression it would've set the full brightness level at 100% etc. This doesn;t appear to be the case for the 470 G0 as running blinkscreen just keeps the previous setting of the brightnes level.

We got rid of blinkscreen a long while ago...

However, I need to get clarity (missing it in the FAQs/isntallation guides etc.) about the brightness controls on this laptop.

It seems that I'm able to set the brightness at the Clover screen, and then boot into Mavericks and the display stays that brightness level, and I can't dim nor brigthen it even thought the Fn-F9 & Fn-F10 keys shows onscreen it's changing brigtness levels.

Make sure you have your DSDT patched correctly using the ProBook Installer and have ACPIBacklight.kext installed.

If you follow one of the guides, it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back