Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a bad cable, bad motherboard, bad screen, or incorrect installation (make sure the cable is well seated at both ends).
I sent both the screen and cable back and got new ones and I plugged my old cable in for the 1366x768 cable and it works fine so the connection couldn't be damaged on motherboard also I've installed the cable a lot of times and am getting same result every time I'm positive it's properly seated

I sent both the screen and cable back and got new ones and I plugged my old cable in for the 1366x768 cable and it works fine so the connection couldn't be damaged on motherboard also I've installed the cable a lot of times and am getting same result every time I'm positive it's properly seated

Probably a bad motherboard then. The second link at the connector is unused with the stock screen.

Probably a bad motherboard then. The second link at the connector is unused with the stock screen.

I don't see how why was it working perfect and now there's a problem I don't get it

I don't see how why was it working perfect and now there's a problem I don't get it

You had it "working perfectly" with a dual-link display at some point?

I'm 99% sure the part I bought off Amazon is not actually a dual-link LVDS cable PN: 50.4RY03.001

I've reseated the cable many times and get the same result as the non dual link original cable (as expected).
Does anyone have a good known US source for this cable?

This is what I see in El Cap:
P1aYUA4.jpg

Windows 10
vzKRwrb.jpg

sLyrl19.jpg

I reseated both sides of the cable multiple times
bEYfUWj.jpg

Just some insight i might put out there if any of you guys are from the UK. You can only buy a nice clean Auo V4 screen from wholesalers now which don't have any dead pixels. Not sure about other countries.

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 12.56.25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back