Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to install BrcmPatchRAM. It is an option in the ProBook Installer.

Card reader should work if you insert a compatible card.

Thought that might be the case with the card reader.
Bluetooth sorted now, thanks for that .I did notice the patch first time
around but when in doubt ..... ask
Nice work on the probook guides and installers to all concerned.

Came across this on a review page , I haven't done this myself but may help someone
[ Fix via terminal to get 5GHZ for Yosemite 10.10:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x58\x54\x00\x2B\x18\x2C\x21\x00\x20|\x58\x54\x08\x0A\x36\x1C\x47\x00\x0A|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

All credits go to Skovo for this fix.]

Thought that might be the case with the card reader.
Bluetooth sorted now, thanks for that .I did notice the patch first time
around but when in doubt ..... ask
Nice work on the probook guides and installers to all concerned.

Came across this on a review page , I haven't done this myself but may help someone
[ Fix via terminal to get 5GHZ for Yosemite 10.10:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x58\x54\x00\x2B\x18\x2C\x21\x00\x20|\x58\x54\x08\x0A\x36\x1C\x47\x00\x0A|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

All credits go to Skovo for this fix.]

The Probook Installer already includes the 5Ghz patch in Clover config.plist.

6570b LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

I just did this replacement on an HP Probook 6570b. Thanks to everyone in this site for all of the great info!
Unfortunately, the B156HW01 V.4 is no longer produced. According to anandtech.com it was the best 15.6 1920x1080 lcd made. I had to go with whatever I could find. The panel I bought was sold by MLC Distribution, Inc. through amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/HP-ProBook-6560b-Laptop-1920x1080/dp/B005XOK83M
New matte panel, no dead pixels, in perfect condition. Colors and contrast are good, not great. Still, way better to have 1920x1080 vs 1366x768.
Replaced the cable as instructed with part 646970-001. Bought one used off of ebay for $25 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131415644214
Besides the incredible amount of disassembly and reassembly required, it went well and no issues!
Luckily, I did some research and did the replacement of the LCD before setting up OSX Yosemite on the laptop. The install went great and 1080p resolution works without a hitch!
Thanks again to everyone who generates so much excellent info on this site!!!
Al

Hi all,

Bought a cheap DV6-6000 equipped with a B156HW01 V.3. It's donating its screen to my ProBook, and i'll resell it with the ProBooks screen.

oSgnQaK.jpg

wYiRomQ.jpg

Anyone had success with that video cable, or do I try it and report back here (for science?)

Hi all,

Bought a cheap DV6-6000 equipped with a B156HW01 V.3. It's donating its screen to my ProBook, and i'll resell it with the ProBooks screen.

Anyone had success with that video cable, or do I try it and report back here (for science?)

The cable required is documented in this thread (I didn't check to see if yours matches).

You can always try what you have and see what happens (your risk).

So the cable (50.4Rl09.11) works - You just need to swap out the Webcam module from the DV6 and resolder the other end of the plug for the webcam so you can plug the DV6 webcam/microphone module into the 4540S motherboard.

Webcam works, external mic doesn't, I may have botched the solder job though.

Edit: I lost backlight, ordered a 50.4RY03.001 instead, it'll be easier.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask so I apologize in advanced if I should have made a separate topic.

I have the 4540s model with an i3 2.4ghz.

I did the switch today to a LG LP156WF1 TL B2 1080p with the 50.4RY03.001 LH09 cable. and almost all is well. The image is great and the screen is wonderful, but my webcam does not work. I tried reseating the cable on the motherboard a few times, and I checked the cable at the webcam. It does not show up at all in System Information either.

My assumption is the cable is bad, the camera is not compatible with the cable, or I broke the camera. Tomorrow I will test the old cable and see if it still works. I am just wondering if this is a known issue (search didn't help) before I go and order another cable for it.

My assumption is the cable is bad, the camera is not compatible with the cable, or I broke the camera.

Your assumption is correct. With the a correct/good cable, the camera continues to work.

Good morning!

Yesterday I did the update to my Full HD screen on my 4540S, but did not succeed.
After switching on I immediately get a white screen. No boot messages or BIOS possible.
I thoroughly worked through the steps described in the manual, therefore I should be ok with possible bad connections. I even doublechecked twice.

I installed:
15.6" display is made by LG PN: LP156WH4 (TL)(R1)
LVDS cable PN: 50.4RY03.001

I did a test run - just to check if my new cable is bad - with the old preinstalled display LP156WF1(TL)(B2) and get a display of booting (BIOS is possible to enter) but finally after Windows of MacOS booted up it is only a black screen (perhaps due to the combination of newer cable and old display).

Did anyone has a similar experience? Is the new display possibly bad (it was a refurbished one)?

Thanks for any pointer and keep up the good and valuable work!

Belli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back