Contribute
Register

4530s updated to Yosemite crashes on wakeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way to go is to purchase a WiFi card without BT (eg. AR5BHB92/AR9280). Forget about AR3011 BT. It is just trouble.

It works ... kind of. It worked great with Mavericks and I could use a BT mouse, speakers, etc. Now, it's just not as reliable.

Do you loose USB and Webcam functionality by removing BTFirmwareUploader.kext?

Yes. But it is restored with IOath3kfrmwr.kext. I have USB3 slot and a mini-PCI device that will work if I eject and insert it. Then I have additional two USB slots.

I think the USB3 slot is a bit more reliable now than it was with the BTFirmwareUploader.kext. That would work if I booted with a 2.4 ghz mouse dongle.

I don't need to do that with the IOath3kfrmwr.kext.

The way to go is to purchase a WiFi card without BT (eg. AR5BHB92/AR9280). Forget about AR3011 BT. It is just trouble.

Hi there.
so i made a new wifi card purchase mentioned my you and on installing the device my bios pops a message that wifi is not compatible and disables it.

any suggestions?

Hi there.
so i made a new wifi card purchase mentioned my you and on installing the device my bios pops a message that wifi is not compatible and disables it.

any suggestions?

You need to purchase a WiFi card that is allowed by the 4530s BIOS whitelist or re-brand the one you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back