4. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Using the latest Clover installer, I notice that if you close the lid, wait an hour or so, and lift it up, the Yosemite will crash and reboot. Everything else seems to work fine, however.

Using the latest Clover installer, I notice that if you close the lid, wait an hour or so, and lift it up, the Yosemite will crash and reboot. Everything else seems to work fine, however.

Try removing BTFirmwareUploader.kext.

That worked. But now the bluetooth isn't working (no white light). Is it a matter of one or the other now, wake up vs. BT?

That worked. But now the bluetooth isn't working (no white light). Is it a matter of one or the other now, wake up vs. BT?

That kext appears to be bugged. Use IOath3kfrmwr.kext (assuming Atheros BT).

That kext appears to be bugged. Use IOath3kfrmwr.kext (assuming Atheros BT).

Yes, it's Atheros BT. I get the same crash with IOath3kfrmwr.kext, too.

Yes, it's Atheros BT. I get the same crash with IOath3kfrmwr.kext, too.

Make sure you remove BTFirmwareUploader.kext and install IOath3kfrmwr.kext with Kext Wizard. Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Check for errors during the cache rebuild in system.log.

Make sure you remove BTFirmwareUploader.kext and install IOath3kfrmwr.kext with Kext Wizard. Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Check for errors during the cache rebuild in system.log.

Did that. I noticed on my wife's 4530s, which is slightly older model with the finger scanner, that it sleeps and wakes just fine. Her BTFirmwareUploader.kext is identical to mine. So, I just reinstalled my old one with Kext Wizard and now my 4530s works again with the original (and presumably latest) BTFirmwareUploader. This wasn't very scientific, but it works again (knock on wood).

Had a similar issue with a new install of Yosemite on my 4530s. Wake from sleep would cause a reboot. Removing BTFirmwareUploader.kext seems to have fixed this problem.

Thanks RehabMan!

-bth

Did that. I noticed on my wife's 4530s, which is slightly older model with the finger scanner, that it sleeps and wakes just fine. Her BTFirmwareUploader.kext is identical to mine. So, I just reinstalled my old one with Kext Wizard and now my 4530s works again with the original (and presumably latest) BTFirmwareUploader. This wasn't very scientific, but it works again (knock on wood).

Well, things are back to normal again, that is, with BTFirmwarUploader in S/L/E, I experience reboots on wake with an exception or two--including a frozen screen, rather than a full reboot, and sometimes a normal wakeup with BT working. I tried putting it in the EFI kext folder. It wakes up fine, but but I lose BT. I tried the latest IOath3kfrmwr.kext, but it, too, causes reboots on wake.

So far, this is the only thing that prevents a normal operation in Clover.

Where do I get this kext from? the IOath3kfrmwr.kext. Google gives me a github link, latest from 2013, that the one I should be using? I have the same problem he does.. removing BTFirmware stops the crashing but kills 3 of my USB ports and my bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back