Contribute
Register

4530s Sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so sorry it took so long so even with a normal HDD it still freezes on wake .... also USB keyboard and mouse do not work on wake.... im stunned i dont no what else this could be....

On the one note when the labtop is in safe mode OSX it dosnt freeze coming out of sleep.

Okay so sorry it took so long so even with a normal HDD it still freezes on wake .... also USB keyboard and mouse do not work on wake.... im stunned i dont no what else this could be....

How do you have the HDD connected? Is it on the main SATA port or do you have it in a caddy connected to the "DVD" SATA?

Make sure hibernation is turned off. 'pmset -g' should show hibneratemode=0. Use 'pmset -g hibernatemode 0' if it isn't.

Make sure all external devices are disconnected while testing sleep.

I have two hdd's, one is the SSD plugged into the main Sata the other is a spining hdd plugged in with a hdd caddy tried osx on both hdds in the same ports still same issues. I ran that command and it states that hibernatemode =0

I dont no if this is something but it also takes osx a while to go into sleep like 15/20+ seconds

I have two hdd's, one is the SSD plugged into the main Sata the other is a spining hdd plugged in with a hdd caddy tried osx on both hdds in the same ports still same issues. I ran that command and it states that hibernatemode =0

Try the original HDD plugged into only the main SATA (fresh install following the guide, using the latest ProBook Installer). Remove the HDD caddy.

I dont no if this is something but it also takes osx a while to go into sleep like 15/20+ seconds

Normal. It is a Mavericks "feature."

Im gonna try that this weekend i think it could be a sata issue.... IM really confused here i used to get 450MB Read/Write on my ssd in osx now im getting 260MB write and 450 MB read..... Idk whats going on

Im gonna try that this weekend i think it could be a sata issue.... IM really confused here i used to get 450MB Read/Write on my ssd in osx now im getting 260MB write and 450 MB read..... Idk whats going on

Did you enable TRIM?

I am having this exact problem as well. Would be interested in a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back