Contribute
Register

4 Days & Nights and still No Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry If my pics above are not complete I was going to take a pic of the entire screen but I think it would be too hard to read here???

Noobin Hood said:
Hmm.. Havn't left for the store yet I put the card back in and boot -v from the iboot screen. I don't really understand what all this stuff means or how to do what you said.. "PCIRootUID=1 -v" do I type that before hitting enter in iboot? Did I mention this is my 1st computer build? :think: I tried taking pictures of the parts of the screen that looked helpful, something about Windows?? again?? I'm starting to wonder if the SSD I bought was a return or something... Also said something about Radeon Graphics...

This forum is awesome, 4 replies in less than as many hours Thank you.

Your video card is definitely causing trouble, like humph said try -x to see if you can get to the desktop. If so then you can try adding your devid to the ATIRadeonX2000 kext in /S/L/E.

Yeah I have tried -x dozens of times I think I will just go get the card MacMan used and see if I can get things running..

Any thoughts on the thing that says something about windows or the fact that iBoot shows that windows ntfs icon? Could that mean there is already an Windows OS on my drive???

If thats possibly the case I will take my SSD when I return the Video Card & the noisey CD-Drive and exchange them, to save time since it's about 1.5 hrs round trip for me to Microcenter.

Thanks again everyone I actually feel like I may be getting somewhere now even if it means rebuilding a bit of my system.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    958 bytes · Views: 86
HAH! MacMan when you said that was the card you used for your system I just thought you meant the it was a 5770 just realized it's literaly the same exact card, just happens to also be the cheapest one at Microcenter, thats just too good... I think that settles it, I'm heading to get that card only $10 more than the one I have now.

I hope that the pics I posted help someone else with thier 4xxx, Let me know if you want more pics of that screen I took more and could post them if it helps someone, but I'm done with it.

I'll update this later to let you all know what happens, Thanks again!

Noobin Hood said:
Yeah I have tried -x dozens of times I think I will just go get the card MacMan used and see if I can get things running..

Any thoughts on the thing that says something about windows or the fact that iBoot shows that windows ntfs icon? Could that mean there is already an Windows OS on my drive???

If thats possibly the case I will take my SSD when I return the Video Card & the noisey CD-Drive and exchange them, to save time since it's about 1.5 hrs round trip for me to Microcenter.

Thanks again everyone I actually feel like I may be getting somewhere now even if it means rebuilding a bit of my system.

So you don't have Windows installed? That sounds like maybe another hard drive in your system...because that's what that icon is for, Chameleon is detecting a Win partition somewhere. Could be a USB flash drive or something of the like. I'm sure you're SSD is fine, well good luck and you will be happier with the new video card anyways.

Thanks KushNinja, I'm still here for a few more minutes, I did have another drive connected the first time I used iBoot but long since removed it to see if it was causing my problem, but even that drive and every drive in my system should be completely clean since I just bought them all, but anyway I'm gonna take the SSD back to exchange it just in case. :rolleyes:

Just found this thread after I posted a similar one last night. I'm having problems on a system with an HD 4850 and I never considered it could be the card. Just wanted to say thanks for the thread and I'll be interested to see if the new card works for you as that will seal the deal for me and I'll pick up a new one from newegg probably.

Hey all,

Just a quick update the 5770 card fixed my larger problem... though after installing 10.6.5 combo update I am having to boot from iboot in -x now, no big deal I can actually work on the problem from here instead of just hoping that I would get to SL by the 100th attempt.

rivals, I would run as fast as you can to get a more supported card apparently some people have made the 48xx cards work but I read your topic and you have had similar problems to mine, why waste anymore time? I suspect if you get a card that is well known here as working then you will be very happy you did. I am! The card I got is the same price on newegg that I paid for it at microcenter http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product Let us know what you decide to go with & if you get the 4850 to work please feel free to use this thread to describe the process. Persevere it was very satisfying once I saw Snow Leopard and formatted my drive just working through the kinks now.

Well system is running stable now, Thanks everyone for your help.. Last things I had to do were during installation of Multibeast I needed to follow MacMan's instructions here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837 I hadn't paid enough attention to step 8 during my first install(graphics settings) Thanks MacMan :clap:

I also downloaded and installed Lnx2Mac's Realtek drivers viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5828
Thank you Lnx2Mac for the super easy installer. :headbang:

Awesome, thank you again for the thread. Sadly there's no MicroCenter around here and Best Buy wanted $200 for that card haha. I ordered that exact one from Newegg last night so it should be here tomorrow (usually get stuff from them in one shipping day). I thought about getting one of the nVidia GTS or GTX 450 cards since I could use a significant video card upgrade about now but since the results have been all across the board in terms of success I figured I'd go with something tried and true for now to get it set up. Thanks again for the help and I'll post in a few days when I (hopefully) have it all up and running. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back