Contribute
Register

4.1 CMOS reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
dphotos said:
This is interesting. I am having similar issues with CMOS Reset. I just upgraded to Lion 10.7.2 (clean install) using Multibeast 4.1
Will this work with my motherboard too? GA-P55M-UD4 F9
Yep, why not?
What is the command doing? Will it be part of a future multibeast update?
The command patches the AppleRTC executable binary file in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/ to prevent that CMOS reset issue. Normally you'll work on it using any Hex Editor, but as you can see a simple perl command do the same job. Yesterday i make the suggestion to MacMan for integration in Multibeast. Just people who select User DSDT need that patch because Easybeast installs LegacyAppleRTC.kext.

I am cautious of entering things into the terminal without understanding what they are doing.

Thanks for your help!
Don't be afraid. Just make a backup from the original AppleRTC.kext before.

Thanks for that karacho, all went smooth and back to a fully functioning system! :headbang:

This should be integrated in MB,such a simple way to solve this issue,but many are not aware of this solution.This helped me before too! :thumbup:

bragur said:
Anyone experiencing Chimera stalling a bit in the timeout bit after applying this patch?
I didn't and i don't believe it's the patch. Did you change your bootscreen Resolution the last time?

BTW: I've read you can use the Original ApplRTC.kext from 10.6.8 if you're afraid to patch using the perl script...Credits to Notshy :clap:

karacho said:
bragur said:
Anyone experiencing Chimera stalling a bit in the timeout bit after applying this patch?
I didn't and i don't believe it's the patch. Did you change your bootscreen Resolution the last time?

BTW: I've read you can use the Original ApplRTC.kext from 10.6.8...Credits to Notshy :clap:

Right, could be! Thanks for the tip. Do you think the stalling matters?

bragur said:
karacho said:
bragur said:

BTW: I've read you can use the Original ApplRTC.kext from 10.6.8...Credits to Notshy :clap:

Right, could be! Thanks for the tip. Do you think the stalling matters?
Nope. If it annoying you, add this...

• <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

...to your boot.plist to override the bootscreen. If you want to type any arguments just immediately press the F8 key after the Bios postscreen to bring up the chimera bootscreen

karacho said:
bragur said:

BTW: I've read you can use the Original ApplRTC.kext from 10.6.8 if you're afraid to patch using the perl script...Credits to Notshy :clap:

what happen if change pls explain :D

hacman said:
what happen if change pls explain :D
The chimera and the Apple bootscreen on startup are not native resolutions. That resolution comes from the Framebuffer of your GFX card. Depending on how much RAM for the Vesa Framebuffer your GFX card have, with a higher resolution you need more RAM and if you choose a very high resolution it may be that the Timeout takes 3-4 secs. instead of 1 sec. which you may have set in your boot.plist.

To see which Vesa resolutions your card supporting at startup in Vesaframebuffer mode, on the chimera bootsscreen hit the cursor-down key and select Video. So, if your card don't support 1920x1080 in Vesa mode, you can't set that resolution in boot.list or theme.plist. You just can use the modes your card supports. If you have a resolution set in your boot.plist or theme.plist your card don't support, it won't work with the given resolution and the bootscreen resolution switches back to 1024x768

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back