Contribute
Register

$295 "PovoMac" — The Cheapest "Hackintosh" Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man, I think I'll wait up some more, until you (or somebody else) makes an appropriate DSDT for GA-H61MA-D2V, because I doubt that GA-H61M-D2-B3 will be available in the next period... Do you think you'll have the motherboard in your possesion in the next month or so? :)

Thanks man, I think I'll wait up some more, until you (or somebody else) makes an appropriate DSDT for GA-H61MA-D2V, because I doubt that GA-H61M-D2-B3 will be available in the next period...
Judging by your nickname, GA-H61M-D2-B3 is still available in your region. I have just got mine today.

Hello from my PovoMac running on Snow Leopard! As you can see, it is up and running and it took me merely 4 hours to assemble the hardware and install everything. Still, it is 90% success and here is what is missing:

1. Sound is tearing and crackling
I installed ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback

2. No way to make it boot from HD
It gives the dreaded Boot0 sequence. Yes, it is advanced format drive and I tried installing Chimera 1.7.0 and 1.11.0 according to the Domokun's guide but to no avail. When booted from HD, the gray Apple logo will hang forever with no activity. However, it boots fine with iBoot

[EDIT]
I now notice there is a third problem as well: in 50% cases i get kernel panic when inserting a USB flash on fronT USB port. Tested various flashes. SOLVED by installing IOUSBFamily Rollback

(also, sleep doesn't work but I think Domokun mentioned it in PovoMac/SL description; I also notice that the official Realtek network kext has a lag and that the Lnx2Max works better)

Here are the details of my rig>

HARDWARE
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2B3 Rev. 1.0 BIOS F4 flashed to F8
Intel Celeron G530
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 210 1GB
WD 5000AZRX 500 GB
Kingston 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333 MHZ CL9

BIOS SETTINGS
Load optimized defaults
SATA > AHCI
HPET > 64bit

INSTALLATION METHOD
iBoot
OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3. Retail
10.6.7 combo update
DSDT GA-H61M-D2B3 F8
Multibeast

MULTIBEAST SETTINGS
UserDSDT
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Lnx2Max Realtek
System utilities

Any help to resolve issues 1 and 2 is welcome. Thanks in advance.

thank you domo. i plan to e entuaaly upgrade this system with an i5 is it possible just to slap the i5 in the g530 place with no config? u guys are genius especially domo:)

I have the GA-H61M-D2-B3 and G530 arriving tommorow, GF210 is already here... So, I just pop in the USB, install and run multibeast? Nothing else?

Hi all,

Thanks again Domokun for this build and others for the great information.
I just ordered some parts on amazon.fr for my PovoMac.
145€ VAT and shipping fee included for the mobo + CPU + 4Gb ram + case + PSU 480W.
And I'll add a GT430 and a 320Gb HD.
I guess I can't find a cheaper hackintosh build :)

Edit: Works perfectly ! Thx all !

Hello friends, this is the cheapest I found board € 51, actually doing it is advisable? I need something cheap and simple, that works to the first.

thank you very much for everything

Hi

If you need DSDT for H61MA-D3V rev 2.0 F4 Bios, I have my own custom, completely clean, no errors or remarks and include ethernet fix, ALC Audio injection, native SATA and USB, Bios reset fix, NO VIDEOCARD OR HDMI-AUDIO INJECTION

tell me if you still need it and I attach the file when be in front of my hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back