Contribute
Register

$295 "PovoMac" — The Cheapest "Hackintosh" Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to use the Chimera/Chameleon bootloader, you MUST have a 1TB or less hard drive, and a 512b instead of a 4k style drive.

It's not possible to make something for the 2 TB drives :D ?

kpy_here said:
It's not possible to make something for the 2 TB drives :D ?

I'm pretty sure you can just partition the drive so that the Mac partition is 1 TB or less.

The lion partition is only 200 Gb. Still, chimera would not load.

kpy_here said:
I've done every step indicated, but when i press enter, after typing the command, terminal returns the following error: dd: boot1h: No such file or directory

What can i do ?
I apologise. I left out a couple of key steps in the original post (due to operating on a lack of sleep). I have since updated the procedure. Let me know how you go!

Sir, let me tell you... You are a Genius !
IT WORKS. I have followed the tutorial, and now i can boot from my 2 TB drive.
Thanks a lot.

kpy_here said:
IT WORKS. I have followed the tutorial, and now i can boot from my 2 TB drive.
Glad to hear it. :thumbup:

Since you have an nVidia graphics card, can you install Google Chrome and visit Youtube? Does the videos play with Lion?

scoliosis said:
Since you have an nVidia graphics card, can you install Google Chrome and visit Youtube? Does the videos play with Lion?
Unfortunately, I can't do any further testing, as this computer has since been given away to a family member (with Windows 7 installed, as opposed to OS X Lion). However, I'm positive I went to YouTube with Safari and it worked fine. I can't comment on Chrome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back