Contribute
Register

2560x1440 resolution HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm dealing with the same thing right now. I've been using a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H board with two monitors. One at 1080P via the DVI port and attempting to run another via HDMI 1.4 at 2560x1440. The only way the higher resolution monitor would run at 1440P was upscaling it with switchresx. It worked good enough, but I eventually got tired of the text being a little fuzzy. I can not run a dedicated graphics card with my build due to my undersized rack-mounted computer case. Therefore i replaced the motherboard today with a Gigabyte Z97X-SOC because it has a built-in displayport. Now 1440P works great with the onboard Intel graphics and I still have my second 1080P monitor along side it. Of course nothing comes easy.... I now have a system that will not reboot or shut down through the OS. Hopefully this new issue will be figured out at some point soon....

So tomorrow I am being delivered a Dell u2715h monitor, it supports 2560x1440. I am running on the onboard hd4600 graphics on a i7. My mother board in aga z87 hd3. Now this mother board can supposedly do 4k if I read the specs (but I guess thats with a dedicated gpu). I plan to use HDMI which only goes up to 1080p.

so if I am correct I shall not be able to use the full resolution with my new monitor when it arrvies tomorrow using a onboard hdmi? I am still on Mavericks. anyway I could get this working without getting a dedicated GPU?

looks like i may be ordering a GPU now :yawn: any ideas?

Well I figured out what the problem was (at least in my case), OSX does not support 1440P natively through HDMI. So trying to get my Hack to display in 1440P through the HDMI port on my Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H was a doomed endeavor :banghead:.

Here is the quote and link to the post where I inadvertently got this answer:

OS X does not support HDMI/1440p with any graphics system at this time. DP is required for any resolution over 1080p. SwitchResX may work as an interim HDMI solution.

My solution was to install an external graphics card in my hack. I had also attempted fruitlessly to use the HDMI port through my GTX 750Ti, but again was unable to display in 1440P, this I mistakenly assumed was due to a bug in the Nvidia web drivers. Again this was simply because OSX does not support 1440P natively though HDMI.

Once I used the DisplayPort (DVI-D also displayed in 1440P for me) OSX displayed in 1440P flawlessly and without issue through my external graphics card.

Well I figured out what the problem was (at least in my case), OSX does not support 1440P natively through HDMI. So trying to get my Hack to display in 1440P through the HDMI port on my Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H was a doomed endeavor :banghead:.

Here is the quote and link to the post where I inadvertently got this answer:

My solution was to install an external graphics card in my hack. I had also attempted fruitlessly to use the HDMI port through my GTX 750Ti, but again was unable to display in 1440P, this I mistakenly assumed was due to a bug in the Nvidia web drivers. Again this was simply because OSX does not support 1440P natively though HDMI.

Once I used the DisplayPort (DVI-D also displayed in 1440P for me) OSX displayed in 1440P flawlessly and without issue through my external graphics card.

Ah well, there we have it. If I had of known I would not of ordered such an expensive monitor, will have to put down at least another 100 or so for a GPU now, then theres backing everything up, and the nightmare of getting the gpu to work. bah all in the name of hackintosh. I am only moaning as my mavericks machine has been running absolutely hassle free for the last year! may just live to whatever resolution it puts it do for now, I was worried my eyes would be squinting :D

currently looking at the evga gtx 750ti, which one did you get and how was it installing? complete reinstall?[h=1][/h]

GA-Z97-D3H
i7-4790 HD4600
U28D590 显示器 3840*2160

I have the same problem.
My mother-board have DVI, HDMI, VGA
I can only use 1080P. I want to use 4K with HD4600.
Anyone has some idea?

I want to use 4K with HD4600.
HD4600/HDMI/1.4a does not support 4K@60, max 4K@24 (Intel specs)
HD4600/HDMI/9 Series will never support 4K@60, need Broadwell/HD6xxx
Consider discrete graphics w/HDMI 2.0 (GTX 970/980)

HD4600/HDMI/1.4a does not support 4K@60, max 4K@24 (Intel specs)
HD4600/HDMI/9 Series will never support 4K@60, need Broadwell/HD6xxx
Consider discrete graphics w/HDMI 2.0 (GTX 970/980)

I'm not sure which version HDMI i am using.
I'm sure that my computer is running prefect on windows 7 with 3840*2160 display,
And it's running prefect on Yosemite with 1920*1080 display.
But when I connect the HDMI to 3840*2160, the Yosemite going to black screen.

So I'm sure the issue is about the Driver, not about my hardware(HDMI version).

Ah well, there we have it. If I had of known I would not of ordered such an expensive monitor, will have to put down at least another 100 or so for a GPU now, then theres backing everything up, and the nightmare of getting the gpu to work. bah all in the name of hackintosh. I am only moaning as my mavericks machine has been running absolutely hassle free for the last year! may just live to whatever resolution it puts it do for now, I was worried my eyes would be squinting :D

currently looking at the evga gtx 750ti, which one did you get and how was it installing? complete reinstall?

What did you eventually end up doing? Im in the exact same situation. Im want to buy U2715H 1440p monitor but as i see i might have trouble getting 1440p resolution since it looks like i need to get a GPU with DisplayPort...

Hi!

I just bought a Dell U2515H monitor and hooked it to my GA-Z97M-D3H with Intel HD4600.

The problem is that Yosemite is only showing me MAX resolution of 2048x1152 over HDMI without possibility to max it up to 1440p. Motherboard specs state that 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz or 2560x1600@60Hz, so it should be possible over HDMI.

I tested Macbook Pro HDMI output of 1440p over the same HDMI cable and it worked just fine at full resolution.

Is there something that can be tweaked or done? Please help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back