Contribute
Register

2013 Mac Pro - My variation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job "bamboreta'', I love the chosen paint
What is fonction of aluminum paper used inside the case??

Another small question: Considering the space reduced into interior of the case, the temperature don't go up too much during a thorough use without use a speed regulator for fans?? I get asked a lot of questions about the interior temperature, your feedback experience allow me to finally start creating my own model.
And I do not have enough knowledge to carry out a module identical to JuanLobo.

Sorry for my English..:(

Thanks for the comments. The aluminum tape I think is for RF shielding for increase the antennas's coverage. On the issue of the temperature inside can not help you because I have not been able to close my building, so I don't know the temperature can reach running at full load.
Much encouragement with your construction. Good modding!

Bamboreta, have you had any luck in locating a right/down/left angle HDMI or mini displayport adapter yet?

Ohh, I looked at the Gigabyte manual, and you can set the case fan to "disabled" and that will output 12v all the time. That should make that Chinese fan controller work well, and it should still report fan RPM to the motherboard.

Bamboreta, have you had any luck in locating a right/down/left angle HDMI or mini displayport adapter yet?

No John had no luck. I'm still waiting ... I bought a display port pigtail on dx.com that I guess come from China.
As you can see I am still stuck and now I don't know whether to return the antennas because failure is surely not making good contact on the issue of the holes in the base of the 3D print.
BTW What tool did you use to make the holes bigger on the inside? Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Ohh, I looked at the Gigabyte manual, and you can set the case fan to "disabled" and that will output 12v all the time. That should make that Chinese fan controller work well, and it should still report fan RPM to the motherboard.

Very interesting. Good news. It could be a solution to take the heat off when the GPU and processor are fully loaded. Thanks for the information and as always for sharing.:)

Bamboreta,thank you for the quick responses

I want to change the fan power supply by a second Noctua NF-A15 PWM. This module would be interesting to connect and control two fans. What do you think?

Bouly I think it's not possible. No space to put another fan Noctua above the power supply. Everything is fully utilized and there is no room...

No John had no luck. I'm still waiting ... I bought a display port pigtail on dx.com that I guess come from China.
As you can see I am still stuck and now I don't know whether to return the antennas because failure is surely not making good contact on the issue of the holes in the base of the 3D print.
BTW What tool did you use to make the holes bigger on the inside? Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

I have a Dremel, and I used this attachment to cut away half of the plastic on the inside:

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-EZ407SA-Drum-Sanding-Mandrel/dp/B007COAAT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399932200&sr=8-1&keywords=dremel+drum+sander

What you might do as a test is to bolt the antenna jacks into something thinner temporarily, and see if your reception is better if the antennas can tighten down further.

I have a Dremel, and I used this attachment to cut away half of the plastic on the inside:

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-EZ407SA-Drum-Sanding-Mandrel/dp/B007COAAT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399932200&sr=8-1&keywords=dremel+drum+sander

What you might do as a test is to bolt the antenna jacks into something thinner temporarily, and see if your reception is better if the antennas can tighten down further.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, but I was impatient and I jumped me to the vacuum and I almost broke the expensive 3D print because I wanted to enlarge the holes with a grinding wheel and the heat from the friction melts almost the PA (danger!) so I had to rectify immediately and reconstruct the hole before that hardened. At last I did it but going slowly and gradually and I got it: the jacks nuts now enters into the base. I just placed again antennas and the reception has improved a lot especially in the 5 GHz band that yesterday was painful.

I'll have to buy a Dremel. I see that fits all and very well. Thanks again John.

holes back.JPGholes front.JPGjack nuts in.JPGantennas up.JPGantennas ext.JPGspeed to 5 GHz.jpgspeed to 2,5 GHz.jpg

You know, it never occurred to me that just using a larger drill bit on the inside and being very careful not to drill all the way through would have worked too! It might have been hard to get the drill into such a confined space though.

Glad that you found another solution!

The real test for me has been to tell OSX to forget the password for the wifi, and then try authenticating again. My earlier attempts with internal antennas would fail with "A connection timeout has occurred." The external antennas have been pretty reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back